Sport trim - curious

They definately dont al lhave leather - in early cars sport meant slightly different seats(i think) a sunroof, slight drop in suspension and no aircon.

In later cars thee was a sunroof and climate control

I think those are the only differences, dont know about the headlining

Hmmm, not sure - i've been in a 2001 T sport with black headlining, dunno if it was on the options list perhaps

Mines a sport, grey headlining, no sunroof but does have aircon.

I thought the interior wasnt affected by sport package, and that it was only the suspension/wheels?

Isn't the black headlining only avalilable on the S3?
May be somebody has changed it in the past?

j4jon said:
Isn't the black headlining only avalilable on the S3?
May be somebody has changed it in the past?

see thats my dilema - mines a 2003 and listed as a sport but has

1. Black headlining
2. Grey clocks white numbers
3. Climate control
4. Half leather
5. 17" S-Line alloys
6. Illuminated vanity mirrors and footwells
7. Front armrest

was there an official S-line in the late 8L's?
(i know it's in my signature already but that makes me feel good :arco: )

Maybe they where all upgrades to shift the last few of the 8L's before the 8P cam out. I know they did it with the A4, gave it the 17's and bodykit.

They do it with Golfs all the time too. J reg golfs have ALL the kit normally, as it was to get rid of all the fancy bits.

1. Black headlining - not sure about this one, it may have been possible to request it when ordering but i've not seen used in a A3 before

2. Grey clocks white numbers - i've seen this on another couple of A3's - i think it was the "sport" dials but was an option

3. Climate control - if you don't have a sunroof you generally get climate, sport models came as standard with a sunroof (SE got climate) but this could be changed when ordered

4. Half leather - came as standard on any quattro with the sport package

5. 17" S-Line alloys - not sure what you mean by "S-line" but i'm presuming they are the 17" RSTT's as fitted to the A2? - again i think these came as standard on the sport quattro's

6. Illuminated vanity mirrors and footwells - standard with the Light package IIRC

7. Front armrest - option

hth

Mike

Also to confuse matters even further

I have been told before that there was a seperate 'sports' suspension package available, which is not the same as just the drop with the sport trim, i can't back this up tho so could be rubbish lol.

Mine has/had

Sunroof, no aircon
Lower suspension
Different wheels
Black clocks(think this changed in the later cars)
Illuminated mirrors etc
Front armrest
3 rear headrests(apparently this was an option, bizarre)

rodenal said:
Also to confuse matters even further

I have been told before that there was a seperate 'sports' suspension package available, which is not the same as just the drop with the sport trim, i can't back this up tho so could be rubbish lol.

Mine has/had

Sunroof, no aircon
Lower suspension
Different wheels
Black clocks(think this changed in the later cars)
Illuminated mirrors etc
Front armrest
3 rear headrests(apparently this was an option, bizarre)

hmm. this is a bit of a mystery.

i got 2 rear headrests?

did submarine lighting in centre console come as std too?
same as illuminated heating vents on dash?

MikeA3 said:
1. Black headlining - not sure about this one, it may have been possible to request it when ordering but i've not seen used in a A3 before

2. Grey clocks white numbers - i've seen this on another couple of A3's - i think it was the "sport" dials but was an option

3. Climate control - if you don't have a sunroof you generally get climate, sport models came as standard with a sunroof (SE got climate) but this could be changed when ordered

4. Half leather - came as standard on any quattro with the sport package

5. 17" S-Line alloys - not sure what you mean by "S-line" but i'm presuming they are the 17" RSTT's as fitted to the A2? - again i think these came as standard on the sport quattro's

6. Illuminated vanity mirrors and footwells - standard with the Light package IIRC

7. Front armrest - option

hth

Mike

yes s-line alloys / RSTT what ever people want to call them - look like RS4's but 17"