looking for a dolphin grey S3

steveborner

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a dolphin grey S3 next month at some point and have a budget of around 9-9.5k Is anyone considering selling their dolphin grey S3 or know of any for sale?

Thanks
Steve

Keep an eye out on PistonHeads and Autotrader mate

I wanted a Dolphin Grey S3 but they were thin on the ground when I was looking (also wantd Nogaro Blue or that Red they do but again, short) so I ended up with a Generic silver one!

114k really isnt that bad, dunno why people are so put off by milage

So long as the cars been looked after it shouldnt matter, certainly doesnt bother me, my S3s over that milage now

mine is a 2002 with 45k on it, not for sale unless you would offer 12.5k

Cant see what people are worried about, mine has seen over 100k and is still going strong, as long as you have service history. It does not do the car the world of good being sat in a garage all its life!!

thanks for the help all, that one on pistonheads looks pretty good! the mileage is higher than I wanted but I suppose my budget is a little low to be expecting low miles on an 02...

Its worth looking at what you want tho, the one on there is certainly well represented with the pictures

Have a check of the service history etc, if its a dog on those sorta miles youll be able to sell straight away!

Nice colour the grey...... wish id waited a little longer if im honest.....the leather isnt the best example on the planet.... knew how hard they were to get hold of though, amazing how much you forgive to get what you want eeek.....dare i say it, wish id listened to some of the guys on here...its not a total disaster just not perfect:eek:/

There was a corker on Autotrader, from Germanic Cars or something. It had only done 40k and had all the right options that I was looking for apart from heated seats however it was 14k; but it has been on the site for a while so they may be tempted by a lower offer?

only if they didnt have their ***** ripped out when they bought it :eek:D

I know some of these cars can fetch a premium, but some dealers really do try and take the ****

I wouldnt really trust ebay but they both seem to be really good buys, the one on piston heads is neat and tidy as it has full audi service history, i personally would go for that out of the 2 but i would still HPI both of them

Just thought i would say I've just bought a 2001, 51 plate, dolphin grey, 53,000 not a scratch on it full history, Very good top of the range speaker up grade JL audio all round £1600 install for £10350, So keep looking good ones do turn up, i think the Grey ones are the rarest and not many come up.

Of too AMD next week!! :hubbahubba:

It's been remapped already but i have no proof of power output, so I've just got booked in at to AMD do a full rolling road diagnostic check, power output and road test for £120 Good price and peace of mind suppose they will give you the heads up if anything is going to go wrong, having the atmospheric dump valve taken off too for a forge 007p

Nice one, i'l be interested to hear how you get on with the rolling road session.

AMD have recently re-formed again i believe, from BigBoysToys, back to AMD again, and now have a second branch in Surry.

uk-mkivs.net recently had a rolling road day in Essex, on there now rolling road, with good results from the sound of it.

I might be tempted to take my car up there, as its only 40 mins from my place.

Anyway, let us know how it goes!

James

AMD has always been in surry, they are located in Bicester. I've been up there a couple of times in the past, some friends had some work done on their cars and they and myself were very impressed, they had a driver who drove you to the shopping village whilst your car was having the work done ( Nice little 300bhp R32 runaround if i remember rightly! ) Anyway they now have a shop next to Ikea by lakeside in Essex so hopefully they will be just as good there!

Ah yeh thats right, I'v not ever personally used AMD yet.

Essex site is convenient for me tho, might pop up at the weekend and check out the rolling road setup.

James

It's supposed to be top the range, they do Revo maps there as well and have a 1000bhp rolling road.

AMD has always been in surry, they are located in Bicester. I've been up there a couple of times in the past, some friends had some work done on their cars and they and myself were very impressed, they had a driver who drove you to the shopping village whilst your car was having the work done ( Nice little 300bhp R32 runaround if i remember rightly! ) Anyway they now have a shop next to Ikea by lakeside in Essex so hopefully they will be just as good there!

I'm not sure if you're serious or just confused but last time I checked Bicester isn't anywhere near Surrey (as I live just near the berks / surrey border) AmD don't really exist in the same way as they did when they were back in Bicester, they were bought by Big Boys Toys last year - which are in Essex (the Bicester site was totally closed). They've now opened somewhere in Surrey, but it has almost nothing to do with the original AmD that was back in Bicester, infact most of the staff that were there when AmD was seriously sucessful now run APS up in Brackley.

http://www.amdtechnik.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=35 - link for the original sale for AmD.

PS - I expect I gave AmD more money than almost anyone that didn't own a Porsche when they used to be in Bicester so I kept an eye on things out of interest.

Greys aren't that rare are they? (speaking as a dolphin owner) There's always a few on pistonheads... obviously there's loads more blacks and silvers around though...

I'm not sure if you're serious or just confused but last time I checked Bicester isn't anywhere near Surrey (as I live just near the berks / surrey border) AmD don't really exist in the same way as they did when they were back in Bicester, they were bought by Big Boys Toys last year - which are in Essex (the Bicester site was totally closed). They've now opened somewhere in Surrey, but it has almost nothing to do with the original AmD that was back in Bicester, infact most of the staff that were there when AmD was seriously sucessful now run APS up in Brackley.

http://www.amdtechnik.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=35 - link for the original sale for AmD.

PS - I expect I gave AmD more money than almost anyone that didn't own a Porsche when they used to be in Bicester so I kept an eye on things out of interest.

Dh'o, :keule:i didn't know they shut the bicester one, why? they were doing so well. Didn't know that big boys toys bought them either, been off the scene the last couple of years.

So basically AMD is just big boys toys with the AMD name stamped on it?