WASTGATE CHATTER

I've Bought a S3 last week with a Baily atmospheric dv on, is this good or should i be changing it back to a recirculating one? I'm getting a bit confused here on whether i should keep it or not. The previous owner had it on for 2.5 yrs with no problems.

See Prawn's response above - I think a lot of people agree that running an atmospheric dump valve on these engines is not really a good thing! i wouldn't want to take the unnecessary risk tbh! I'd change it back to a diverter valve!

Ah thanks for the info i think I'll be buying myself one of those then! could that explain my ever ever so slightly hesitation just before boost when putting my foot down in 3rd or higher doing 40 or so? sometimes I'm not even sure if it is there and it's me just being paranoid, i have vagcomed it and got no faults found.

Mine ran alot smoother with a fully working diverter valve, i still get a bit of induction noise but that is due to the increased boost pressure from the remap.
I mentioned to JBS that someone else on the forum had similar issues with their divertor valve so it was probably no surprise when you phoned up (NoggyDS3).

I think saying that there should be no noise is a bit optimistic? Ive replaced mine now but can still here the same noise although its very very faint. Unless your looking out for it you would never notice so its not going to bother me, and the Car definately runs alot smoother now... So Thanks to all for the posts on here, helped me spot a simple problem to fix.
One thing I would say was the damn hose clips were a pain to get off, why audi cant just put the screw/ratchet style ones on everything ill never know, cant cost that much more... well theres a ratchet one on there now :)

What have people used on the top hose pipe? its about 1cm wide, had a really small hose clip on before, ended up reusing that again making sure its nice and firmly clamped as I couldnt get a replacement small enough in the motor factors I went to.

Dunno about everyone else but that twittering fiesta in the vid sounds ******* annoying! Why would you want a car to sound like that.....? Would drive me mental.
OK for proving to the schoolgirls you have a turbo, but cannot see any other point to it whatsoever. Sorry

I didn't decide I wanted the car to sound like that it was simply a case of I fitted a cone filter after converting the car from a T2 turbo to a T3 and as the car didn't need a dumpvalve to operate safely I didn't see the point in spending the cash somewhere it wasn't needed. The car is a weekend toy so the noise doesn't bother me and the clips were recorded with teh specific intention of hearing the chatter so I was driving to make it as noisy as possible and performed slow gear changes. Under normal driving it's not nearly so audible.

if you want a fully recirculating dv with the sound of an atmospheric dv buy a bailey dv30 and fit an induction kit,sounds spot on,not chavy but a suttle whoosh when letting off the throttle