Centre Armrest Ratchet

andykel

Reaction score
Ok, for some reason, the mrs cannot seem to get in the drivers side of my car without raising the centre armrest at warp speed. This has now resulted in the ratchet the keeps it in the different positions packing in completely, and now it just rests on the handbrake.

Anybody else had this or fixed it?

If not, anyone know source and price of a new one / second hand one?

Cheers

Andy

You can buy 'em on eBay from Audi dealers that sell on there. I think Stoke or Stafford Audi list quite a bit on eBay and I have seen them list the complete armrest unit for about £130 but they are the black cloth version, although they do offer other colours/materials too. You might be able to find a second hand on eBay

Thanks for the reply. After much moving around of the arm rest, it seems to have "recaught" if that makes sense. I took the sides off, but the moving parts are all enclosed. Reseated a cable that runs through the middle, and miraculously it seems to be working. Saved myself £130 for now and lesson learned - hide keys from the other half!

Cheers

are these easy to retro-fit? i had an arm-rest in me old vectra and dont half miss having one

Tells you how to do it here, its a B7 the guide is for but the same process.

chris_20 said:
are these easy to retro-fit? i had an arm-rest in me old vectra and dont half miss having one

Piece of cake to fit just need the right tools and print the guide from audiretrofit.co.uk, took me about 1 and half hrs to fit. Thats not bad for some one whos got no diy skills at all. Must of been feeling brave to attempt it.

yer im the same, absolutely poo at DIY, never held a drill in me life lol. reading through that link nickynibbles put up(cheers mate) seems kinda straight forward so ill probs give that ago