Health subforum? lol cool.. May aswel post. *Sleep disorder?*

Spec

Currently just a Clio owner :(
Reaction score
Does anyone in here have major sleep disorders? I was woken up to my mrs last night saying i'd stopped breathing but then started breathing erratically. I then woke up this morning remembering the dream i had. I was in a skip full of dead people shredded to f**k.. Pretty disturbing:jump:

I've also had it in the past where i've woken up but i cant move, or scream for help or anything, and its felt like someones sitting on my chest.:crying:

yeah, Ive had that a few times...

where I try and shout... but I cant... pressures my chest... and apparently it makes me sound like Im a deaf person talking(according to the missis)

feels really really weird!

I get that all the time! the brain disables the muscles during sleep and there's a weird in-between bit when u start waking up that is not fun, especially if u really need to get up!

Lol, i know what you mean about sounding like a deaf person, you can just about grunt..
First time experience was VERY scary, thought my brain was shutting down on me or something. Do you guys still get it? :S

Ive not had it in a while... but yeah, its pretty freaky! I think its probably about 6 -10 months since Ive done it... Its the massive effort you put in to trying to shout for help or whatever your doing... like you have everything on but nothings coming out... then... you wake up!

Wow, ive had this as well, i remember it happened to me, just after I got married, it sounds really wierd, but it was as if there was a ghost flying around the room and i was trying to fend it away from my Wife, but nothing was happening i was just frozen, couldnt make any noise and couldnt move....it was VERY scary!!!

Sounds very familiar to something I've experienced in the past, translated from a chinese term, they called it 'Trapped by a Ghost', I had a really high pitch sound of wind going into my ears to go with the experience and woke up in a cold sweat. But apparently, it's to do with the body shutting down from being exhausted after a long day, but the mind is still active. And since your eyes and ears are so close to the brain, you still have control of these, but none of your body's other motor functions for a short period.

weird stuff fellas!!! had the 'body shut down' thing a few times - its as if your paralised (spelling)
also does anyone keep waking up at the same time everyday? (apart from getting up for work!)
my alarm is set for 5:45am but this last few weeks i keep waking up at 5:25am
its as if i wake up and i know its 5:25 before i look at the clock - and always it is!!