130 Tdi 18" tyre advice

samuelt

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2002 130 Tdi and have budget tyres on it that were porvided with the 18" replica wheels. In the dry and at 70-80 they are great but when accelerating out of round abouts it just wants to make me apart of the central reservation! massive wheel spin and understear!! Can anyone sudgest better tyres that will stop this? is ther anything else i can do to improve the wet handeling?

I had uniroyal rainsport on my remapped tdi 130,very good wet or dry.

Goodyear F1 asymmetrics, excellent in both wet or dry, reasonable wear and great price. If you shop around you can get them for around £107 fitted.
I always use a local fitter, recommended by blackcircles.com, and he undercuts their web price by about 15%.

thanks for the goodyear advice, My next one will be a quattro :)

A quick question as I was searching for topic about remapped 130 TDIs. My first question is answered below but I have another question, I have just got a set of gen RS4 wheels with next to brand new Michelin Sport tyres (235/40/18) I have noticed there's a nail in one, knowing my luck that will mean a new tyre I was just wondering if the 235/40/18 is OK for a 2003 TDI 130 SE which had 16s as standard? :think:

Thanks and apologies for going a little of topic! :unsure:

Cheers
Dan

Yes 235's are fine, think they're the size Audi use on 18" rims, no idea why as 225's are actually slightly closer to the original stock 16" rolling radius.

hi, Have you thought about getting the tyre repaired? It costs about £10 and must be done to EU standards. Although it can only be done in some areas of the tyre. My current rear left has a nail right in the middle of the tyre and I know that that can be fixed.