Fitting a boost gauge tomorrow

666markyboy

Reaction score
As the title says.... where is the normal take off point on the inlet ??? don't wanna start drilling holes any old place if there's maybe a blanked off place all ready to go cheers peeps :redrs4:

use the vacuum pipe off of the recirc valve mate.theres where i got mine from and took the feeds from the headlight switch,well jon did at incarscience.

is that the small pipe into the top of the dump valve ??? just put a ' T ' peice into it guess ?? sounds easy enough

thats right mate make sure you use jubilede clips to connect the t piece

yep i did that too, you usually get a t piece with a boost gauge kit

what pod are you using? cause im still trying too find one

well to start with it's just gona be sat on the dash in one of those 1 fit's all.... not fitted yet as the damn thing still aint turned up :wtf:

but for the future i have bigger plans.....i really used to like having the 3 Aux gauges in my coupe... so what i would like is a Volt, Boost and oil preasure setup side by side at the bttm of the center console and i also want to fit dual cupholders from a polo... all this means gutting and rebuilding the center console with the idea of removing the ashtray ( it never gets used )to make room for the gauges and raising the stereo and lowering the climate unit to make room or the dual cups... it might all be a bit too much to do not sure yet could do with a scrap console to work on

What good will a boost gauge be right down where the ashtray is? Surely you need to have it mounted somehwere you can see it without having to take your eyes off the road?

I hear what your saying ... but i've driven the car for 12 months without one... and i see it as more of a diagnostic gauge and not something i need to be constantly looking at... just reasuring to be able to glance down on a straight bit of road and see that the engine is performing as it should.... Audi deemed it good enough for oil preasure, Temp etc on the coupe so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me...

Heres mine still havent got a pillar pod yet...

STH70111.jpg

STH70105.jpg

its still not how i want it but i cant really be ***** to fit a pillar yet.lol