tuning a 1.8t quattro

millwrx

Reaction score
i have a w reg quattro and am looking into to uprating the power from the 180bhp it has standared,all i have fitted at the moment is a panel air filter,looking into getting a remap,which is the best place to use,would prefer someone that can come to me,plus any other worth while mods,not really looking into replacing the exhaust or anything like that,
cheers

Hi if you are not going to change the exhaust at all anything other than a st1 remap would be pointless,your car is what mine started as,with a ko3 turbo,stick with standard turbo until it fails,then you could put a ko3s on it instead(straight swap) to gain a bit more top end.Cheers Andy

cheers for that,have found a place that can remap it,do you think its worth changing the turbo in take pipe and the throttle pipe as i have heard these collapse with higher boost levels

I also have one of these,have had it remapped,looking to get myself a forge turbo intake as soon as i have the money,definatly worth while from what i hear,i will also be getting some better hoses aswell,and a front mounted intercooler,and at least a cat-back exhaust......gotta get them lottery tickets lol