Complete novice - basic A3 1.8t quattro tuning

darksunday

Reaction score
i've recently bought an a3 1.8t quattro 180bhp and am a complete novice when it comes to tuning cars but everyone i've spoken to and many of the forum threads recommend getting an ecu remap,

i've found someone local to do the remap and he says he'll remap the car on the road instead of on a rolling road, is this safe?

also i've ordered a green cotton panel filter and want to order a forge fmcl007p diverter valve as i've been advised that the standard one will not be strong enough to cope with the extra boost,
if i fit the forge valve with the yellow spring before the remap will the car still run properly?
or should i fit the valve after the remap?

the cars s a 5dr with 70k on the clock and came with full audi history and has been well looked after,timing belt and water pump were both done recently and the clutch is good,

i plan to fit brembo disc and ebc greenstuff pads to cope with the extra power,

does all this sound feasible?
can anyone advise me as to what order i should fit the mods in please?

will the car still be reliable if i do this?
sorry to be such a novice but i've never done anything like this before and am excited at the prospect of having a quicker car but confused as to how to get there!

thanks massively for any advice or help in advance

remap yes, plenty of folks who do this.. Custom Code, REVO, to name a couple
green panel filter, forge DV007p recirc dump valve complement the remap
green spring is what I supply with the DV's, less is more in my experience.

Dont waste your money on ebc green pads.. Ferodo DS2500's are far better stoppers.
upgrade the disks to 312mm if not already that size, or brembo 4-pots or equivalent, if you have wheels which will clear them.

remap 1st and take it from there... and welcome to the slippery slope

As badger said.

off topic, i didnt think you could get 5 door quattros :S