Hid

James88

Reaction score
anyone fitted them to the a4 ??

i had some on my old megane, it made alot of diffence and the A4 lights are *****

are they easy to fit ?

cheers

james

I have fitted them, they are pretty easy to fit as long as you take the headlights out, that's only four screws though. The below guide should help you. I would recommend 6000k for the closest to OEM look, and don't forget to change your sidelight bulbs to LED ones while the lights are out :yum: let me know if you need a link for some good LED's.

A4_headlamp.sized.jpg

A4_headlamp2.sized.jpg

A4_headlamp3.sized.jpg

A4_headlamp4.sized.jpg

A4_headlamp6.sized.jpg

ah cheers :sm4: that looks easy

do you know what bulb fitment they are ?

FYI the xenon bulbs Audi (and everyone else) fit are 4300k colour temperature.

The OEM HID bulbs are indeed 4300K but the colour they give of is also influenced by the reflector design and mirror colouration.

Aftermarket replacement at 4300K will look off white towards yellow. To get the same look, you have to go down the 6000K temp colour range route. This gives a bright white with the signature blue tint.

PS Aftermarket HID bulbs in cars not originally specified to have them fitted, i.e. those without auto-adjustment on the beam height (manual adjustment by the dashboard knob doesn't count), and headlight washers are illegal in the UK and can result in non-payment of insurance claims if they are found on a UK car involved in an accident. Although many people use aftermarket HID kits on H7 and other bulbed cars, they are illegal. However they may well pass, and should pass, an MoT as the test looks for beam pattern, not bulb design or output.