Phantom Black or Ibis White????

gurds_1

Reaction score
OKay guys, I am going to order a new S3 but cant decide between Phantom Black and Ibis white, which of the 2 do you guys think? any thoughts or pics appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Id have had ibis white if there was one available anywhere in the country when i bought my A3, but had to settle for my second choice phantom black, both are nice and both look real good on the A3. both have the same agony and ecstasy of looking awful when dirty but fantastic when super clean

I dont know which I would go for. Both look really cool.

I will say that Black is harder to keep looking clean than White based on my Phantom Black and Dads Ibis White A3s... but mine has a reflection his car will never match so its swings and roundabouts!!!

Sprint Blue!

Ibis is sooooo close though, absoutely suits the S3 to a T.
Phantom like any black car will look fantastic (for about 10mins:)) when washed and chamoix`d.

Not really much help......:confused:

If your buying a sportback S3, Ibis White with OpenSky looks the Buisness

Rgds Tom

Ha ha ha, thanks Andy!

Sprint Blue or White are my two faves on the S3.
Black comes close, but you should PM Mitch78 off here - he has Brilliant Black and as he's looked after it well it looks really good! The Phantom Black obviously has the flake in it so looks quite different.

If you can stretch to an exclusive colour, (see one of the threads in here) there was a beautiful Lambo blue which I think would look AMAZING!

Sepang blue whcih is a lambo colour named Blu Caleau. I have gone yellow.

David

Phantom black and Ibis white are both really popular at the moment and probably rank as my favorites. However, after seeing Jamie's at Castle Coombe the other weekend I'm starting to really Sprint Blue. It's a tough call but any off those three and I don't think you can go wrong.

As already mentioned, Phantom looks the "muts" when clean but doesn't stay clean for long so looks dirty real quick. The white never has a brilliant shine but can look clean even if it doesn't, if you get what I mean. Sprint just has a knack of looking clean or fresh all the time!

I'm sure whatever you choose, as soon as you get it you'll love it so just go for it and enjoy.

I have Suzuuka grey which is a pearlescent white and i love it to bits,its has a deep look to it and looks amazing when clean,it is an audi exclusive colour but if you can stretch a bit more then well recommended,black is still a wkd colour though! decisions decisions lol

The display RS6 at Castle Combe was Suzuka Grey and I can safely say that is an Awesome colour!
Tough one for you mate - you now have about 6 colours to chose from when you started with two!!! :sos:

Depends on how long you are going to keep it, (intending on keeping mine for 3 years) White seems to be an in Colour at the moment - but I'm unsure how it will remain popular / the colour to have.
I imagine in a few years white might be not as popular (ex police car look from a few years ago ??) and hence not as desirable in the used market.
Black is always a safe choice and looks good when clean and is considered a safe choice in the used market.
But the sprint blue does look good.

Richard

thanks for the responses guys. i've had black before but just wanted to stand out a bit more and really liked the white in the showroom. the only thing i am scared of is resale value in 2 or 3 years!

I was unsure, but went for sprint. Must admit I am more than pleased with it. Now back to your question. Black is stunning, but after 3 black cars there is no way I have the time to spend keeping it clean. If those are the only two colours you are considering it would have to be Ibis with open sky and black optics as it will look the muts. Don't worry about the resale....none of us would ever mod any of our cars if we worried about that.

Im worried about re-sale value of a white car . I think it might just be a fashion thing

DSC00010.jpg

personally think white is nice but, its a fashion thing. Couple of years and it may become unpopular again and hit resale. Black never goes out of fashion...

Red is also nice. Never really see S3s in Brilliant Red... the ones I have seen have really caught my attention

Right, firstly...Frget about the white fashion thing. Life's too short so just buy what you like best. Hot hatches in white will not drop big resale value basically because they look awesome in white. They look good, nothing to do with fashion. Saloons and 4x4's are a very different matter!
Sprint is an 'S' car exclusive colour and looks great in sunlight so it's always a nice option.
Any black is a classic and will always look great as long as you can be ***** to clean it!

Right now at this very second if i was buying an S3 i'd go Ibis White, then Brilliant Black, then sprint a close third.

Red looks nice mate. Will post pics of Imola when I get it.

David

Oh just to throw a spanner in the works..... I also love the new Deep Sea Blue on the S3. Looks awesome and it's a nice classy mid way between black and sprint blue.

Ibis or Phantom.... erm....

Lava Grey. Looks the nuts! got a nice bit of flake in it and shows off the S3 chrome bits!

To be fair the Ibis club is now full and we are not excepting anymore members jumping on the 'fashion' band wagon! Anyway we'll all look stupid in a year or two driving about in 'old police cars'! :)

There is a big difference between toucan and Imola yellow isn't there.

Been to see a Sepang Blue at Manchester today and it looks very nice, just not at S3 as yellow I think.

David

I love clean black cars but they're so hard to keep that way. I won't be getting Black again

S3 colour for me is Sprint Blue. Looks awesome...But every S3 i've seen so far is in that colour!

Ibis or Phantom.... erm....

Lava Grey. Looks the nuts! got a nice bit of flake in it and shows off the S3 chrome bits!

To be fair the Ibis club is now full and we are not excepting anymore members jumping on the 'fashion' band wagon! Anyway we'll all look stupid in a year or two driving about in 'old police cars'! :)

Has any one got a photo of a Lava Grey S3? Im really interested to see what it looks like? Thanks

As for picking both good choices of colour. White will stand out and black just always looks good. Both be a pain to clean mind
Ashley