AEB ENGINE!!

No but nice low mileage on this one.. for when I get mine mapped and blow it up!

How much you looking at for your old engine mate?

im stripping it matey. its on 150k too. I bought a new lump for the same reason, lower milage. luckly i had this new engine intime as i was out the other night and i had a suspected oil pump faliure. im stripping it down now so if you fancy any bits let me know! :)

Ps. i would not sell it as a whole as i dont know 100% what went wrong with it.

Yeah def let me know the outcome when you strip it then mate.. thinking about building a replacement engine over the next year or so with uprated internals to take stupid BIG amounts of boost!!

I know i've said this before, but I would give careful thaught to spending a lot of money tuning a 1.8T. You can pick up a 300hp V8 for 500quid and probably have it fitted and running for another 500

£1000 wont be getting you anywhere near 300hp from a 1.8T and the V8 will be nicer to drive imo than a little 1.8 tuned to moon.

Obviously if you want more than 300hp from the V8 its a little more tricky than just adding more boost. But i suspect you could build a pretty damn impressive V8 for the money required to get >300hp from an AEB....

..I see what you're saying and I'm considering V8 power too.
It's just the old saying 'stick to what you know' keeps running through my head. To be fair I know feck all about V8 engines other than the obvious.

If anyone see's a suitable engine then please let me know.. I'll get it in my garage and get on with it.

keep you eye on the 'bay. I picked up an ABZ V8 on there for £500, with its wiring loom, ecu, key and immo transponder. Its missing an AFM and some other small parts, but thats an example of what you can get if you keep your eyes open!

Cost me £80ish to have it shipped by DHL's pallet service too.

what will the insurance be like on a modded V8?

who knows! But if the insurance companies being sensible they will either base it on the power, which is the same if its a 300hp 1.8T or a V8 or they'll base it on the car the engine came from, which is probably a similar insurance group to the A4 1.8T anyway.

So if they chose the latter option you might find it would be cheaper fitting a stock V8 than it would be telling them you have fitting a football sized turbo to your 1.8T along with stroking it to 2L etc etc...

who knows! But if the insurance companies being sensible they will either base it on the power, which is the same if its a 300hp 1.8T or a V8 or they'll base it on the car the engine came from, which is probably a similar insurance group to the A4 1.8T anyway.

So if they chose the latter option you might find it would be cheaper fitting a stock V8 than it would be telling them you have fitting a football sized turbo to your 1.8T along with stroking it to 2L etc etc...

That's the problem though as we all know insurance companies aren't sensible at all!

i've not looked into it tbh, mainly because cant hold a driving licence until 2011, But i've had cars previously with engine transplants, and it was relatively easy to insure them, and there are plenty people around with cars with non original engines so i cant see it being impossible to insure.

The V8 i have just now will be going into my Defender once i manage to get somewhere to work on the thing, however i'm considering building a A4Q Track Car with my brother, and i suspect the V8 would be the engine of choice for that once we finally get the funds together for it!

i've not looked into it tbh, mainly because cant hold a driving licence until 2011, But i've had cars previously with engine transplants, and it was relatively easy to insure them, and there are plenty people around with cars with non original engines so i cant see it being impossible to insure.

The V8 i have just now will be going into my Defender once i manage to get somewhere to work on the thing, however i'm considering building a A4Q Track Car with my brother, and i suspect the V8 would be the engine of choice for that once we finally get the funds together for it!

Sorry to go off track but am I reading that correctly? You've been banned from driving/lost your licence?

Anyway.. I'll def look into the insurance before commiting to anything but basically I'm aiming for big power eventually.

unfortunately they tend to get nervous when the car it came from and the car it is going into don't match!

adrian flux do good quotes on swapped out cars.
the bloke doing my quote told me not to worry, "he had a 350bhp cosworth through them"

unfortunately they tend to get nervous when the car it came from and the car it is going into don't match!

adrian flux do good quotes on swapped out cars.
the bloke doing my quote told me not to worry, "he had a 350bhp cosworth through them"

There is hope then.

I know i've said this before, but I would give careful thaught to spending a lot of money tuning a 1.8T. You can pick up a 300hp V8 for 500quid and probably have it fitted and running for another 500

£1000 wont be getting you anywhere near 300hp from a 1.8T and the V8 will be nicer to drive imo than a little 1.8 tuned to moon.

Obviously if you want more than 300hp from the V8 its a little more tricky than just adding more boost. But i suspect you could build a pretty damn impressive V8 for the money required to get >300hp from an AEB....

Are you and siena brothers?? lmfao

keep you eye on the 'bay. I picked up an ABZ V8 on there for £500, with its wiring loom, ecu, key and immo transponder. Its missing an AFM and some other small parts, but thats an example of what you can get if you keep your eyes open!

Cost me £80ish to have it shipped by DHL's pallet service too.

I've got the air flow meter, as well as the air box, if you're interested.

Moneys a bit tight just now, hence i havent baught that flywheel either! But once the cash situation is a bit better i'll be in touch!