Updating my S3

SnoopS3

You cant beat German
Reaction score
Alright folks.
Im starting to compile a list of new things for my S3 for the new year (MOT in January).
I wasnt planning on keeping this car for long but i have grown to love it and it is everything i need in a car.

Brief spec at present: Revo remap, milltek exhaust, suspension set-up as per guidlines on here and R32 front brakes. In this respect it is fairly sorted.

I have a few ideas i am hoping you experts can help me with!! Bare with me my mechanical knowledge isnt the best :blush:

FMIC: what sort of gains BHP wise should i expect from my car? anyone who has this done at present, whos the best place to use for fitting? and what FMIC to go for? prices and experiences would be a bonus.

interior: At present its full black recaro's but im thinking of a colour change, red. Any recomendations on places that would reupholster (sp?)
in red leather? again prices and examples would be great!

Anyone else have any good little modifications that they feel have been a success, styling or performance wise?

As for the exterior styling i'm going for stealth with black ch's with red rim, black grille and black badges.

cheers in advance

don't forget to turn up the boost on your software when running FMIC :)

You shouldnt expect any gains from a FMIC. I believe the twin cooler setup is good for the 300bhp mark anyway.

Im not sure of what the exact spec of intercool should be but you have to choose wisely. Too big and it can cause unwanted lag. Too small and it will do a worse job than standard.

If your wanting to do things maybe try the downpipe, 4 bar and revo 2 option and see what thats like.

I contacted MTM regarding an intercooler good ol kimmmy boy said the standard ones are more then up to the task,so personally dont really see why people put them on unless you can do it yourself

don't need a 4bar on the s3. the new s3 intercooler may be up to the job but the 8l one simply isn't!

a good FMIC will see intake temps drop massivley and will show some bhp gain without changing the settings on your software! but i would fit a FMIC and get your boost turned up to 8 :)