2.6 v6 wont start

airey

Reaction score
help just got home in my faithfull v6 opend the drive to get car in and it had cut out.tried to start it and it fired briefly but then died again now its dead sounds like its getting no fuel cant smell it in engine bay or anything.when i turn ignition on the pump makes a noise for a second then thats it cud it be fuel pump and were are they on these in tank .help please luv thecar never had no bother with it

everythinggoes out but the petrol lite even though there is loads of juice in

I'd verify the fuel.

B5-based cars are reknown for faultyfuel level senders.

its got atleast 20 quid in mate never let it get anywere near empty

Quite an oddity then - the 12V engines seldom have electrical gremlins, the systems are so simple, don't even run a MAF.

Where abouts are you?

middlesboro mate do you think it could be fuel pump it doesnt seem to be gettin petrol cant do anything in dark il check fuel pump in mornin

Fuel pump is a possibility, or the supplying relay / fuse.

If your crank sensor's faulty though, it will cut the fuel supply off too.

If you, or someone local has access to VAG-COM, it would be a great help.

i have recently put slick 50 into the oil that should not cause any problems shud it.would not mind i realy look after this car and its getting on my nervse my mates have rite bags of ***** they thrash the **** off them and never get any trouble with em.just my luck

you dont say if its actually cranking though?

"everything out" what does that mean?

The entire dashboard goes off when you turn the key?

Is the engine just spinning over but not firing, or is it doing nothing at all...

if its not turning over at all, turn the interior light on, and try to start it and see what the light does...

thanks for your help boys but after a diagnostic check the oil pump has gone and the compression is rite down on 3 pots gonna scrapp the old girl cheers

^^^ I did wonder, but hell, some folk simply rock when it comes to silent analysis...