jcb

Reaction score
been away and the wifes motor wouldnt start

came back to a fairly flat battery and some codes
17967 - Throttle Body (J338)
P1559 - 35-10 - Fault in basic settings - Intermittent

and another one:
lower limit not reached or something

turns over but battery was very low so have reset codes, done TB ADR and charged overnight

at a loss as to what else it could be
hoping it is a filthy TB as it has been dropping to very low revs at idle and coming to a stop and a bit hesitant

any ideas anyone?

fully charged overnight, just tried it and diddly squat, fuel smells like it is coming through fine, not sure about spark but have no codes at all
am wondering if it has an aftermarket alarm as behind the fuse panel is a zip tied black box which doesnt look OEM

would I not have an ignition code if the aftermarket alarm was cutting it?

Is the same fault code still there?

Mine had similar codes and it was corrosion in the wiring plug for the TB. Mine would start and run, but you had to hold the throttle open, it wouldnt run without throttle input.

I doubt you'd have an ignition code, the ECU isnt very clever with ignition faults. Check for 12v at the coils and at the ignition amplifiers.

Does it crank over and simply not fire? Whip a spark plug out and see if its wet with fuel, then plug the lead in and crank the engine with the plug grounded against the rocker cover to check for spark.

If you can smell fuel it might be flooded, have you tried cranking it with the throttle floored?

no codes are clear now

it doesnt sound right, when turning, something missing from the usual noise.
just dont understand why it was perfectly fine, has not moved and then all of a sudden is fubar'd

its ******* down at the moment so I will not be doing anything right now!

cheers

flooded!
how pathetic

I know!
It had been started up and turned off quickly

apparently that was enough, runs fine now

I almost did the same to mine the other week after the battery had been off.

Started, tested brake pedal and shut it off. Then tried to start it again some hours later and it started on what sounded like 2 cylinders and was chugging away like some old junker. Opened the throttle and it took about a week to rev up and filled the drive with black smoke before eventually clearing and revving up normally.