Fmic

stevey_boy

Reaction score
im thinking off adding a fmic to my 02 1.9 tdi A4. its already remapped to 160,wat are the gain to be had with this and where is good for sourcing the parts

Stephen

i dunno, dervs tend to run a lot more boost per BHP than petrols and therefore will run hotter, the 2.5tdi in the B5 runs two intercoolers and they only make 150/180hp, and i'm sure they'll also have two in the B6 v6 tdi...

Ok based on that then maybe it would workout to put a second SMIC in but if you did go FMIC you would have to look at loosing 1psi but the gain will be the fact you wont get heat soaked and so power will remain constant rather than fulling off when hot.

doc: isnt the pressure sensor and actuator take off after the intercooler, ie in the inlet manifold? If so it will just mean the turbo will work a little harder to ensure you still get the same boost pressure at the inlet manifold

Has I understand it the extra mass of the FMIC and pipes cause a 1psi pressure drop and I can back that up with my old 1.8t once I fitted the FMIC but what I did notice was that the power did not drop off after some hard runs so the balance returns.