01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Driver's Side
35-00 - -
01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
35-00 - -
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -
01369 - Alarm triggered by Hood Switch
35-00 - -
01557 - Contact Switch in Locking Cyl; Driver Side; Open (F241)
29-10 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
01559 - Drivers Door
60-00 - Won't Safe

=========================

first, have checked the wiring loom inside the rubber boot between body and door and that seems all fine, no breakages.

so, started removing the door card / panel, to locate this Contact Switch, which I believe is clipped onto the latch mechanism. But there's a flexible rod that extends from the door handle rearward toward the latch assembly - this is clipped and pegged in place.

Can this be easily unattached, and if so, from which end is best?

The electrical contacts looked like they can be easily disconnected.

So, where exactly is this microswitch, and roughly what does it look like?

My feeling is either this Contact Switch has become dirty / requires cleaning, or it is stuck. It happened around the time it snowed in our area, and was really really cold..

I don't want to fork out ~£100 from the stealers for this part, if I don't really need to.

I have heard this is a very common issue on C5 A6's, so any help / advice / photo's on the above would be much appreciated.

TIA

With those fault codes it sounds like your problem could be more than just the door contact (micro)switch. Check out the fault codes using this link: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes
Are your interior (roof), puddle,footwell & red door open lights working & does the door open graphic show on your DIS? If the microswitch is stuck in the 'door closed' position which is most likely if the switch is the problem, then these won't work either.
To remove the door card completely, disconnect all electrical plugs & unclip the flexible rod from the interior door handle. With the door card out of the way you will be able to get at the latch mechanism which you will need to remove to get to the micoswitch. This was my post on this subject last December:
DON'T PAY OUT FOR A NEW LATCH MECHANISM until you have checked out the switch itself. The microswitch (often referred to as a sensor for some reason) is not in the latch mechanism, its clipped to the outside of it but wired into it. I've just had exactly the same problem myself - no puddle light, interior light, footwell light etc. - which appears to be a very common problem on the C5 A6 & in my case it was all because the microswitch was stuck down. Without actually going into detail of how to actually do it, I removed the latch mechanism, unclipped the m/switch, prised it apart, cleaned the contacts, freed off the little plunger (the cause of the problem), buzzed it out whilst manually operating the latch mech. & reassembled it all. Hey presto! Problem sorted. Cost? Nothing, except 2 & a half hours of my time & I'd be a lot quicker if there's a next time. It's not a difficult job but fairly fiddly. If anybody wants more detail, P.M. me & I'll give you my mobile number & talk you through it. I'm running a 1998 2.8 quattro tip. Avant BTW.
As I'm a fairly slow typist, it would take me too long to explain how to do it, but that offer still stands - PM me & we'll go from there.

Dave

thanks very much Dave, for your response.

The interior roof, footwell, puddle lights all work as they should. Ie, they all go out when the drivers door is closed. The DIS does NOT display the drivers door as open, so that is ok also.

However, the interior roof light starts pulsing / turning on & off, like a disco light!, whilst driving. Also whilst this is happening, I can hear the drivers door mechanism going on and off repeatedly.

So, I still feel as though this could be the contact switch, as displayed by the VAG-COM. Would you agree, taking the above into account, or could it be something else?

My interior light did that too, while I was driving. Sounds like the switch might be making/breaking contact. Rightly or wrongly I'd say the switch should be your first port of call because theres a potential no-cost fix there. Might be a good idea to make sure your stealer has got a complete latch mechanism in stock & start the job early enough to get it before they shut if you do need it - if you have alternative transport to get there of course!

Dave

Well, as it goes I contacted my local stealers and none of them have this part in stock, and I would have to pay up front (~£100) in order to get the item in. So, I will try and have a look over the w/e at some point, and I'll update on my findings..

Dave, I'll send you a PM in the meantime.:icon_thumright: