Interior light stuck on until i SLAM door?

sprally

Reaction score
I have to really slam my drivers door to get the interior light sensor off, does anybody know where it is located? i want to check it out and clean it maybe.

If your door still shows open on DIS then it's door shut sensor, it's in the lock mechanism, and is a door card off job! Thats why your lights are still on as it thinks the doors still open, The new mech is about £40 from Audi.

People also try fixing these not sure how if you search on here about the door shut sensor

Hey sprally, if you do a search on this, you will find loads of info on it, its a common problem with the microswitch in the door. You can try WD40, but wont make 'much' of a difference.

+1 Had the same issue, although not as bad as yours sounds, I sprayed some WD40 in the locking mechanism, and for a while it did not seem to work, but have not had the problem for a while. Worth a shot, just be careful as you don't want to spray it all over your seats.

put the interior light switch to off if you can't fix it straight away as you might end up with the beeps inside the cabin from the alarm battery.