Ambient Lighting fittting question?

acprc

Reaction score
Website
www.atvworkshopmanuals.com
Hi all,

I have the ambient lighting mod for my B7 and went to fit it yesterday using the guides and information from the site.

I have come up with a problem. The panel you need to remove to drill is attached with an extra cable and a sensor that I just cant seem to remove. The wires are quite thin and I don't want to break them.

Anybody else come up with this on a B7?

Thanks

Adam

It was pretty straight forward for me, Do you have a picture? It might be something to do with the bluetooth or sds like a microphone?

By the way whats the ford socket cover?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It might be something to do with the OEM GSM prep, maybe the microphone. The part has a part number on it so will check and see what EKTA says. Just need to know how to remove it as the wires are really delicate.

The Ford cover is to replace the Audi one. As per picture below:

socket.jpg

I can get the part number if anybody wants it.

I just got a little audi flashlight instead for that very place! The cover looks very oem though, good find. And tell us what you find in EKTA when you get a chance im curious.

Managed to fit the ambient module by removing the whole unit as one and then seperating the wires afterwards.

Only difference to the guides on here is that the screws are T20 Torx not Philips and the microphone for the hands free is in the way.

Having checked the part on EKTA it is indeed the microphone for the hands free. Part number 8L1 862 373 A.

Adam