KO4 Into S4

Nez

Reaction score
Website
peace.netfreehost.com
Hi all need some help again :) I am thinking of getting a KO4 for my S4 but before I do that I want to know more information what I really need I mean the extra parts :)

And also can I just fit a KO4 into S4 without any modification :think:I really don't want to spend some crazy money so before I go for this I need to know how much it all costs :)

Any help would be great :)

Hi all need some help again :) I am thinking of getting a KO4 for my S4

You'll probably want to get two K04's for your S4!!

When your engine is out, you'll probably want to fit an RS4 clutch and new engine mounts while you're there. You'll also have to buy the pipework which goes to/from the K04's which isn't cheap.

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid spending crazy money if you want to do it properly. You'll want new oil/water lines, exhaust manifolds if your car is pre-facelift (they were prone to breaking up and destroying your turbos) and a proper remap.

Then if you're wanting to hit the 400bhp barrier you will have to look at intercoolers, injectors, fuel pump, downpipes and exhaust... and another remap if you haven't done all this first!

Oh, and your brakes will seem shocking when you are running that much power, so you'll need to replace them, and you'll need 18's to fit over them... then your suspension is the weak point... etc.

Basically, if you can K04 your car properly for under £4k, you are doing well. I'm doing very badly....

Forgot to mention prices

New K04's - circa £2k a pair (2nd hand ones may need refurbing which can cost >£1k)
K04 intake pipes - £250
Labour/fluids for engine pull - £1300
Oil/Water lines - £200 (not essential, but better to be safe than sorry)
Remap - £500+
Manifolds - £200 (2nd hand)
RS4 Clutch - £300

You can run a car safely with K04's without getting it remapped, but you will have increased lag and no extra power over K03's. So no point!