Windows keep reversing

s3mike

Reaction score
I keep getting a problem where my windows reverse when they are closing on one-touch - as if something is trapped in them.

It happens every now and then and I have to reset the one-touch by holding the switch in the up position.

Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed? Is it a faulty window regulator / sensor or does something need re-calibrating?

Quite annoying when I have to make three attempts to close the window before the one-touch disables and I can close it manually!

Possible software update for the door modules, goto audi on warranty & ask them to resolve, others have had this aswell, firmware update or replacement door modules, they will sort for sure.

To add you havnt had any new glass fitted on the door cause glass could also be out of alignment so it would catch & the modules would detect something in the way of the glass & auto rewind incase of a person trapped of course, safety & all that.

I had this same problem when I first got the car. You need to take it to Audi for an update on the windows module. They won't charge you and so far it's fixed the fault for everyone on here as far as I know.

Hasn't happened again at all for me in 10 months.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57556

Thanks for the info - will try Audi.

And no, I haven't had any glass replaced so it shouldn't be a problem with alignment.

I had this same problem when I first got the car. You need to take it to Audi for an update on the windows module. They won't charge you and so far it's fixed the fault for everyone on here as far as I know.

Hasn't happened again at all for me in 10 months.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57556

Staz - Did they flash the ECU with any software updates for the windows?

As I have REVO I could do without a dealer reflash if you know what I mean.

My windows have this problem and are driving me nuts. Im due a dealer visit as the drivers door has dropped slightly (again) so Im keen to get both sorted at the same time.

Cheers
Paul

Nah its most likely a door module SW update mate, given its got all the window electronics/sensors within this.

I took my Bluefin off just in case. I always do.

I took my Bluefin off just in case. I always do.

Ok mate, no can do with REVO though.

Even if I had the Select switch a dealer reflash would mean a trip to the REVO agent.

So anyone know for sure then?

Cheers
Paul

Ok I cant say 100% sure, but I'm 99.99% sure they dont need to flash the ecu for this problem to be fixed, thats why modules in vag have SW version noted, also the units have the original software version on the label of the part, so think its just door module software upgrade, I'll ask my friends at audi when in there few days time.

I would suggest anyone thats had the windows issue & the folding mirror issue to compare the label on the actual part & then see if it matches the reported software version on the door module.

Hi there - I had this same problem on drivers side window. Audi replaced the window motor under warranty.

That would also be the door module mate, they're the same component.

Ok fellas I've had the same problem too on both of my windows, Took it into Audi and they replaced both the window motors under warranty! No questions asked.

Helps if you know a man that can............. :whistle2:

I would suggest anyone thats had the windows issue & the folding mirror issue to compare the label on the actual part & then see if it matches the reported software version on the door module.

what's this "folding mirror issue" - I've had a prob with mine with the passenger mirror not folding out but this happens very rarely. I'm also really disappointed that the mirrors cannot be setup to open/fold when unlocked/locked but, unless this is the issue you're referring to, it's my fault for assuming and not checking.

Scott did you resolve yours & the issue was where the mirrors might not fold in/out fully intermittantly, which maybe a faulty module or updated firmware needed for the modules.