Detailing - Some help please

A3DOL

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the 'clay' i have heard of?

I have always used Merr but think its about time the paint job had a proper going over. I wouldn't know where to start so advice please on what and where I can get stuff from.

Many thanks as always!

Basically, your paintwork is covered in contaminants that washing won't remove. Some stuff stuck on the surface and some actually stuck in the surface of the paint. Claying will remove it all and leave you with a super-smooth surface, ready for machine polishing or a sealant. You'll love it.

Thanks guys. Will get the card out!

What about interior? Mine is drab and in desperate need of renovation. Any specific products?

Meguiars upholstery brush (for cloth seats), some foaming cleaner and a Vax wet/dry vacuum if you have one.
Don't be afraid to really go at the cloth with the brush, it's usually incredibly durable. Use the vac to rinse them out afterwards and then 'air' dry with the doors/windows open for as long as possible. For plastic parts and the dash just use a damp microfibre cloth. I've always found that if I use any kind of cleaner/treatment on plastic, it either marks much more easily later or attracts dust like crazy.
For leather surfaces, I'd use Autoglym leather care cream, following the manufacturers instuctions.

HTH

For your interior get an APC (All Purpose Cleaner) to scrub it up with, and then dress it all with aerospace 303 protectant. It leaves a superb finish :thumbsup: