I'm Bored. options?

Jay

Reaction score
As the title says i'm bored...with the A3. I've had it mapped about 10 months now and wanting a bit more power.

After the map the car made 221bhp and around 225 torque on the rollers at JBS.

I've been reading about ko4 upgrades from the ko3s and not sure if its something I wanna do.

Are there other avenue I can explore other than a turbo upgrade.

I would like to see over 250bhp if possible.

Apart from the map and 007p the car's totally standard.

What can I do or should I sell up and get something else?

i wanted an s3 later on, but im going to just tune up a3 to about 300bhp, once that sorted start saving for a house. not really fussed about getting the new shaped s3s really. uif things go well an rs3 for me !

Get some suspension mods doing. A3's are pants at best on standard kit....a decent set of springs, shocks and ARB's will transform the car :)

Its not all about power, its how the car drives too. Decent suspension changes the dynamic of the car.

T

could get the brake upgrade im getting to go with the suspension, i looked into the suspension route.itll cost about 1k for a good set, kw shocks and springs, arbs and rear tie arms then a wheel alignment at the end. brakes, £180 for the discs, £70 for pads, but im tryin gto find how much the s3 calliper carriers are, take a trip to audi tomooorow i think.

Thanks for the suggestions. Brakes have been done. Never really thought about suspension.

was thinking about a decent exhaust and maybe FMIC and the BMC induction kit but unsure if they will provide any gains.

Might just bite the bullet and go for an EVO or maybe a chavtastic WRX

I can't see a way to wring any more power without swapping the turbo out,exhaust mani, then you will need supporting mods like the downpipe, TIP, injectors, uprated fuel pump and an FMIC that should be good for around 180 ish. Assuming you go hybrid and associated manifold, 2.5 inch DP at a min,S3 injectors.

This will be pretty fast but as you do not have quattro it will be fun getting that lot down unless you attack the suspension too

youll spend the hole time wheel spinning around!

I can't see a way to wring any more power without swapping the turbo out,exhaust mani, then you will need supporting mods like the downpipe, TIP, injectors, uprated fuel pump and an FMIC that should be good for around 180 ish. Assuming you go hybrid and associated manifold, 2.5 inch DP at a min,S3 injectors.

This will be pretty fast but as you do not have quattro it will be fun getting that lot down unless you attack the suspension too

Sounds like a bigger job than I hoped for. You say these mods would be good for 180. I've already had a remap which has taken it to around 220 thanks to KO3s.
What power would the mods you've mentioned take it too.

Are any of the upgrade kits offered by places like backdraft etc.... worth considering.

the ko3s now is probally running at its max, so you probally wouldnt gain much or any performance, just youll get more airflow, better response etc, you could get the k04 but id rather keep saving and get either a k04 hybrid, or a big turbo, the hybrid will let you get up to the 300bhp mark. but as said as your 2wd, i dont know whether itll be be cost effective with a big turbo as itll struggle to get the power down,

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/listing/67/jbs-04-k03-hybrid they seem expensive though!

The A3 on standard turbo is VERY limited. Anything more you need a bigger turbo... If you go down this route then do it right first time and go for power you wont get bored of...GT28RS or something. It will cost you though.