Bored with A3!.

Mr.Blonde

Reaction score
Hey,im getting a bit bored with my A3,its a lovly car but i want something more fun really.ive had a Mk1 gti golf and pug 205 before and i loved driving them.so im thinking of going back to old skool,maybe another golf or a mk2 with a Vr lump in it etc.whats peoples views if i should or not?.

As much as I love my Mk2 Golf, it's really fun to drive and all, but I've got use to the creature comforts of electric everything and climatecontrol, plus the effortless midrange performance of a turbocharger from both my S3 and Passat TDI. It's quite tiresome to find a road where I can use the 16v power in the Golf, nothing happens until after 4k revs, and that's way past the speed limit for the local roads around me in 2nd gear.

get a decent suspension set up on it, should living things up a bit.

Yeah its already lowered with remap and some other little mods,still a very nice car at end of the day.just want a little more fun really if ya know what i mean.

I'm the same getting bored of the A3 but dont know wether to get something like a S3, CTR basically with all toys and goes well or go oldskool mk1/mk2

Yeah i know about the Gtiir's,they are quick indeed!..i just like the dub scene tho really,low with phat wide rims etc...hmmm what to do???.:think:

Jap spec Nissan Sunny GtiR, or commonly known as poor man's Evo/Scooby

IHI Turbo, bolt on a big turbo and other bits and bobs for 320bhp+ and watch your wallet get raped in the process. :)

Look on the cool wall!

I've got a mk2 gti 16v, put out 183 bhp on the rollers, awesome car! Def reccomend getting one, especially with a vr in it... or a 20vt! I've also got a 310 bhp mtm s3, the golf might not be as fast, but it's much much more fun to drive!....

Yeah baby!!
Not sure about the "....the golf might not be as fast..." comment - lighter car with a good engine........... I think the jury's still out on that one?!
(thinking a standard S3 here - not yours Olly)

I wouldn't go VR - it's a heavy engine for a mk1/2 - been there, done it - yet more understeer to try and deal with.
16/20V, with a turbo would be my choice - the 16V is such a nice car standard, whack on a turbo and it's in a world of its own.
Failing that, stick a G60 in!!

I'm with JoJo though - I now like my creature comforts!!