S3 Drivers in Scotland

S3fan

Kiteyboy
Reaction score
Had a great holiday in Scotland (thread in general chat with pics), and in the 2 weeks there saw 5 S3s; 4 proper ones and 1 of those new fangled ones. I flashed and gave a wave to all 5, and I only got a wave back from 1 in a petrol station near to Edinburgh.

Miserable jocks!

what! you waved to someone in a petrol station......were they waiting in the mens for you later :)

funny Jase. I'm still not talking to you after mocking my distressing coilpack incident.

oh yeah it was probably the Silver S3 sounding like a Massy Ferguson and going just as fast which caused people to duck out of sight not returning the wave :)
chug chug chug

There's that many S3s up here in Aberdeen, it's hard to give a flash or wave to them/us all. I do try though.

There's that many S3s up here in Aberdeen, it's hard to give a flash or wave to them/us all. I do try though.

Would it be bad form for an A3 driver to wave? I used to have a Range Rover and waved at almost all other Land Rovers, most waved back.
I've only waved once in the Audi and got a dirty look from the other driver.

Don't bother waving in Aberdeen. They ignore you. Even when you happen to stumble across someone with exactly the same colour as your S3, you get a look like you have a d*ck growing out of your forehead...

I'm entitled to say that as I'm Scottish myself! :D

yep, that's the look I was getting!

:s3addict: Right from now on i will wave at other S3 drivers.........am from dundee but regularly travel most of scotland so if anyone sees a red S3 with a demented red face scotsman waving like a lunatic that will be me...........:jump:

Don't bother waving in Aberdeen. They ignore you. Even when you happen to stumble across someone with exactly the same colour as your S3, you get a look like you have a d*ck growing out of your forehead...

I'm entitled to say that as I'm Scottish myself! :D

Hahaha, i live in Aberdeen and have an S3.. Admittedly i dont wave to people unless they wave first, saves you looking like a pillock if they dont wave back. I've seen several S3's about Abz 2 of which the same colour/year as mine and yes they stair at you but never wave :shrug:

I don't think that it is a purely Scottish phenomenon to be fair. I am in N. Yorks (albeit Scottish) and there are four S3s around me, of which all the drivers look the other way when you are approaching. Maybe it is some misguided Audi snobbery at play?!* In fact, only once have I had 'the' nod and that was a guy in a Sprint SB in Yarm - fair play to you fella if you are on here. Shame really as you would think fellow petrol (diesel) heads would be above all that.

*or maybe the Billy Connolly prescription windscreen frightens them. :nyah:

Odd that, I just got my first wave from a yellow S3 the other week near Inverurie, I was shocked & only managed to flick the indicators after i passed :)

I have yet to get a wave from any S3 driver.. Past about 3 yesterday aswell! Doesn't really bother me to be honest, doesn't put me up nor down if some complete random in the same car doesnt wave :whistle2:

well, I like the wave, and will continue waving