Odd Vibration Noise on startup???

NOGAROS3

Reaction score
aahhh nuts, I forgot it was on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

na, just kidding, it is really bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have lived without CH5 for a year and didn't really miss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you were always on BM3W chat whilst drunk on Stella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Hello all,

Had my timing belts etc changed at my last big service. Since then on cold start up I get a horrible vibration/rattling noise - almost like a fan being un-balanced and spinning up... not a tappet/metalic sound.

Anyone had this sort of noice before?

[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
Hello all,

Had my timing belts etc changed at my last big service. Since then on cold start up I get a horrible vibration/rattling noise - almost like a fan being un-balanced and spinning up... not a tappet/metalic sound.

Anyone had this sort of noice before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it go away & if so, how quickly?

Its not starter related... its literally as the car comes to live and fires that the noise comes in then immediatly goes out.

When cold the engine starts and revs quite high then settles... that is when you hear the noise as the car revs to start. As soon as it settles to about 1200rpm it is gone and that is it for the day... no further noises.

[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
Its not starter related... its literally as the car comes to live and fires that the noise comes in then immediatly goes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like its the bearings rattling for a couple of seconds before the oil has started circulating properly. If so, it's normal.