Mark's '98 2.8 Quattro build thread

they would be the 17" ronals found on the facelift 1.8TQS

they would be the 17" ronals found on the facelift 1.8TQS

I thought they looked like 17's, but thought the reply was going to come back 16's for some reason.

I wonder if they would fit over my Porsche calipers......a debadge and set of those would make the S4 devilishly stealthy :D

So today, Moonah and I got up early (really about 11am) and headed outside to fit the new shiny S4 grill to Sally's face!

Put some tunes on, courtesy of my new iPod adapter which plugs straight into the back of the OEM head unit and allows pausing, skipping and fast forwarding/rewinding through the HU controls. Sound is awesome. Really nice little gadget :D It's a Connects2 iPod adapter :) iPod sits tucked away in the glovebox now.

So, some shots before, during and after. I wanted to retain the Quattro badge, so we had to do a bit of modification. Craft knife and some "DON'T CUT YOUR FINGER!" sentences and the Quattro badge was transferred over to the new grill :)

Now for pikkaaashures!

grill01.jpg

grill02.jpg

grill03.jpg

grill04.jpg

grill05.jpg

grill06s.jpg

grill07.jpg

grill08.jpg

grill09.jpg

grill010.jpg

grill011.jpg

grill012.jpg

grill013.jpg

looks cool, now for the S4 bumper? think yo'd get away with it on a black car ...sweeet

Yeah, it was worth it. That's why I did it.. on my car :) Profile of the surround, rings and grill slats are all different from pre-facelift. And the S4 grill still fits in with the slats in my bumper. RS4 would look out of place. Subtle changes are what I like.

You need facelift headlights, or at least some pre-facelift S4 two piece projector units.

Those headlights make the front end look very dated.

Examples:

main.php

main.php

Byzan A4 (mark) whats your car doin there?

If you got the S4 projector units you could keep your existing orange corners, and as a bonus you'd get an upgrade to HID...

Hard to find those two-piece S4 projectors though isn't it?

Oh, I got an awesome new Canon EOS 1000D :D My mate gave it to me for free! He got it through his work and doesn't use it - AMAZING :D

Some picssssss 'cause I like picsssss :) Got a couple of lil things planned that I'll hopefully get round to soon... it involves some paint ;)

First three pics are off my phone, the rest are from new cam :)

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash3u.jpg

68946156.jpg

56298502.jpg

35431246.jpg

34244378.jpg

Aw thanks dude :) I tend to try and only show her when she's clean, haha. Otherwise it's manky just now with the weather + commuting + going to Moonah's

Not that great at all, but I'll keep practicing. Was over at Moonah's work so had to use a chair outside as my tripod, haha...

nightgq.jpg

Nice car, awesome pics. Looking at the last photo, some one-piece headlights and clear/smoked side repeaters would compete the look. Stance with those wheels is awesome. Thumbs up. :)

Nice car, awesome pics. Looking at the last photo, some one-piece headlights and clear/smoked side repeaters would compete the look. Stance with those wheels is awesome. Thumbs up. :)

Thanks dude :) Appreciated

I'm actually looking for 1-piece Amber-corner headlights next. I really love the contrast of the orange on black. Thanks for the input though! :)

Hmm BBS LM replica???

MORE PICS!!

Hahaha... should get them this weekend. Then some tyres and make sure the bad weather is really gone before I put them on!

Will look mint with them mate, are they the real deal or reps? Think the reps look really good, considering difference in coinage!!!

Tidy mate. I just rescued some LM's from a mates lock-up. He's in a wheelchair after an "incident" in Afghanistan (private security) and has lost interest in cars........There 18's,brand new still in boxes and real, not reps. He was saving them for his S500. Flogged them to me for a grand!!! Saved over a grand!! Just need some tyres now like you. Although I have had a couple of mates banging on my door making me offers.....Who's to blame them! I am tempted. Got my eye on some Porsche seats and a B7 steering wheel.