How much is it worth?

reg

Reaction score
Hi,

Will be selling my A4 soon. Bought it when I had 1 child and it is a bit cramped now with three.

Bought it new in July 2002 and owned it until now.

It is a 1.9 TDI SE 130 Saloon manual 5 speed

Atlas Grey
foldable rear seat
heated door mirror (!)
light interior package (whatever that is)
centre arm rest

it has 79,000 miles.

Working very well. MOT/Taxed until July 2010.
Only issue on it was a sensor last year, cost me £80 and the glove box lid.

Any idea how much I should advertise for ?

Any advise on how to sell in ebay?

Many thanks
Reg

:sign_welcome: to the forum Reg!

I'm not too sure on the value, check out Parkers online for a guide price.

Has the cambelt been done? That will have an effect, although a single owner car is always desirable.

Thanks. Looked on Parkers. It says £6000 for a good one.

yes, of course. Cambelt done as per Audi recommendation at £60,000

Also has a Audi Service history until 5 years then switched to local garage mainly because it is easier (short walk from home).

Cambelt done as per Audi recommendation at £60,000.

wow - even for the stealers, that's a bit steep ;)

welcome to the forum, I promise, we're normally a lot more friendly and helpful, but pretty sure there's a few things in the FAQ's that state "don't ask those annoying 'how much is mine worth?' questions".... and then they usually go on to recommend how to value your car: look on Parkers.co.uk for the average of "recent market" prices and then also look on autotrader to see what other people are asking for theirs.. just bear in mind there's always a few dreamers who will never sell their cars at those asking prices.

First thing: are you sure it's a PD130? Those are usually 6-speed due to the way the 130bhp version delivers it's power, I thought the 5-speed ones were all 100bhp.

Either way here's the Parkers links and guide prices...
Audi A4 Saloon (00-04) 1.9 TDI SE (130ps) 4d saloon.
Private Good £5,915
Private Poor £4,550

Audi A4 Saloon (00-04) 1.9 TDI SE (100ps) 4d saloon.
Private Good £5,625
Private Poor £4,325

Assuming it is defintely the 130PS, then it's close enough to the assumed avg (70k) that makes no difference and the single owner and fAsh will both make the car a lot more appealing, so £6k is a reasonable starting point. Seems a little light on extras, but the folding rear seat is a very rare option and will sway some people to part with a few quid extra, so £6k is certainly not unrealistic.... but check on Autotrader before advertising.

On the "how to sell" question: I've always gone through Autotrader... lot more "what you see is what you get"... I know a few friends who's been messed around by nutcases on the eBay car section... one example: the friend had advertised his old banger on eBay and included things like "MOT valid until FEB2010" and then the auction winner has phoned up, but said he wanted a car with a longer MOT, so he's retracting the bid... even though the auction was over! The bidder had hit the reserve price jsut as the auction started and nobody else had outbid him, so there was no fall-back (2nd chance) person, so the friend was still hit with both the eBay advertising charges and the "successful sale" charge... and three months later still has an unsold car and is messing around with eBay admin to get the guy to pay up or eBay to refund him. And 'cos the sale was never completed, he can't leave any feedback on the bloke.

At least on Autotrader, if the person who turns up and starts to change their initial offer (or making silly demands) when they're supposed to just be picking up the car, you can just politely decline, refund their deposit and say that you'll keep a note of their name, number and offer in case nobody else is interested, but that you are confident that the next person who is going to view it might be interested in paying closer to the full asking since there are rare and difficult to retro-fit optional extras there.

thanks all.
Yes, it is a 130bhp 5 speed. 6 speed came slightly later maybe 2003.