More Performance

Mehmet

Reaction score
Alright guys

I have a a3 1.6 02 reg....atm i have a scorp catback and k&n panel air filter ive carried out a major service so it runs nicer...and it is...i was going to get a induction kit but i got panel instead as i need cold air not sucking in hot air.

What can i do to get some more power out of it...was looking at remap but they are like £200 and not worth on a 1.6...unless i find cheaper.

I am aware it is a 1.6 so keep your negitive comments to your self's.

Any help apprichated.

Thanks

I think they key question you need to ask yourself here is how much do you want to spend?

The possibilities are endless, cams, TBs and stand alone engine management, etc, but these are all extremely expensive to buy, fit, and get working correctly.

Simple things may include a 4 branch exhaust manifold maybe. Good performance gains to be had on other engines, not sure about the 1.6 Audi engine. I've had a few of these on Vauxhalls in the past and have been happy with the difference. You may have to get a company such as long life to make you one if they are not commercially available.

A decat might give you some gain, but you then have the fun and games of MOT time.

All of these things are going to give you small increases in BHP, but none of them will all of a sudden pin you ba,ck in your seat as you go into orbit...

Best advice, buy a low miler A3 turbo write off and swap the engine to be honest mate. Immediate difference. Not that much money for what you get. It's all about bang for your buck. Why spend a £500 on a 4 branch and decat, when you could put that money towards an engine?

Last edited:
Do you know what mate, now thinking about it...might aswell leave it perfomance wise and keep the money for the 20vt.

The perfomance is ok as it is atm...takes the usual vtr's and zetec's...0-60 9.5...happy days.

Ill leave the perfomance you are right...ive seen a charged 1.6 a3...190 bhp...was nice but the money he spent was stupid.

Thanks for the advice mate....

No problemo. Go for the turbo all the way. The 150's are £300 away from 180 BHP, and up to 190ish with a front mount.

£500 gets you up to 40 extra BHP. Turbos are easy to tune, and not much money!

Now that's happy days!! :thumbsup:

LOOL, Insurance runs out on december...Im not sure if i should get it this year or next year hmm.

I could get about 3k for mine...could get a nice 1.8t for that...but im only 18 so insurance will probably be a killer anymore.

no negative comments..... hmm ok

I like the 1.6, they are wey faster than a 1.0 Saxo!! :applaus: I thankyou!!!

LOOL, Insurance runs out on december...Im not sure if i should get it this year or next year hmm.

I could get about 3k for mine...could get a nice 1.8t for that...but im only 18 so insurance will probably be a killer anymore.

I would save your money and stick with it another year possibly. Then go for a 1.8T with a couple of years NCB and a remap if you still want to keep your car as an A3. The problem with the 1.6 unit is, the amount of gains will be minimal for the amount you are going to spend on it.

I reckon in a years time though, when you are 19, you will fancy something different.

ive set my mind up.

These are the cars i will be after:

Bmw 318i E30
Golf mk2 gti
A3 20vt

One of those deffo next year.

Not sure which though...but you are right about wanting something diffrent....audi quattro :D

mk2's are abit old now though. Not quite the same as an a3 for a daily driver.

318's are abit gutless. I say A3 and get it mapped.

mk2's are abit old now though. Not quite the same as an a3 for a daily driver.

318's are abit gutless. I say A3 and get it mapped.

:salute: Here, here.

318s are gutless. Lot of car, not a lot of engine.

MK2s may be old, but a great car still, even today. My mate has got a really tidy valver, looks the boobies.