Motorway Performance?

PEZ1

Reaction score
Just wondered whats people's opinions are of the performance at motoway speeds etc (A3 1.9 tdi) as this is a new car to me and i'm just not sure it feels right.

Bit hard to explain but basicly if traveling on the motorway at say 70 behind a car, which then decides to pull away no mater how much i put my foot to the throttle it seems to struggle for power and the revs take forever to even rise the slightest. I have to drop into 4th and even then feels as though i need to drop a gear lower. It may just be me.. as i say new car, and general driving etc i've been more than impressed ther is always plenty of power!

Dont really have any experience with what you're having problems with. Maybe get it scanned with vag com to see if any errors come up, if not, head my way n ill map it for you then you'll love the overtaking power.

Sounds perhaps like it's going into limp mode under high loads, our old 1.9tdi used to do a similar thing on the motorway sometimes, although it'll remain very slow until you turn the ignition off/on again to clear the fault.

is it a 90/110/130? if it's a 90 then they will be dead slow generally, the 110's arn't too bad, and the 130 should give a noticeable shove when floored in top gear at 70

No warning lights etc come on and as i say generaly the power is brilliant it only seems to be higher end/motorway speeds etc.

Thats a good question?! Is there and easy way to determine this? (x-reg 2001 if this helps?)

My mates 1.9tdi bora has the same problem. It is throwing an error at around 80mph then it limits the car to 70mph and you cant go above that till the ignition has been turned off and on again! You can feel it kick in when on a motorway then even if your foot is flat to the floor the car just wont go above 70mph!

A new police weapon against speeders? Maybe they have wireless VAGCOM tool!