Ipod connection problem

Dr. Dave

Norn Iron
Reaction score
Connected ipod 30gb to PC to add some recently bought CD's. ipod auto-updated with latest software.
Now my ipod connection in the glovebox won't recognise it.
"bong" no CD, it says. Screen on the ipod shows a tick and "ready to disconnect"
Tried connecting my daughter's nano & it recognises that no problem. So i'm now stuck with the radio & a nano with Miley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers on it.

Hopefully some of you boffins can help me avoid a Christmas suicide. Either that or I'm learning the words to "the climb"

Aaaaaaggh. Help me please.:tapedshut:

cheers, Dave

I would try hard-resetting the iPod and restore to factory settings and clear everything off and then update the iPod.

Then connect to the car, let it get the firmware and then add you're music back on to the iPod.

That should sort you're problems!! :)

No joy.
Still refusing to recognise either of my 30gb classics.
Still ok with kid's nano.

Suppose it must be a damaged plug in the glovebox. Will get it looked at at service in January.

cheers, Dave

check the pins at the bottom of the ipod, sometimes you can bend them or get a bit of fluff in there that stops it working correctly

you have already proved it is nothing to do with your car as the nano works fine, techs will tell you to get you ipod looked at, i know thats what i would be saying!