Suspension Setup Recommendations Coilovers Or Shocks & Springs

A9X SJ

Reaction score
Looking for a set for the following don't want to spend a massive amount what you recommend ?

Audi A4 Avant 2002 SE 1.9tdi

Shock's and spring's. I made the move from coilover's (ap) back to eibach pro-street. Coilover's are ok if you want to run the car at different ride hight's (fiddly). Shock & spring's are a fit and forget item, i'm pleased with the eibach. Price's start from £400 > .. Buy a good setup, not cheap and cheerfull crap.

I've got Eibach pro sport spring kit + pro sport dampers I've got to admit the ride is fantastic it's not as hard/uncormfortable as thought it would be, it has definately changed the stance of the car it looks a lot more sporty and definately more stable. I would say that this a good set-up if you use the car regularly and want the mix of sports ride with relative comfort.

Not looking for any thing mega low just looking to run a set of 19s without a huge arch gap budget of around £500 tops cheaper the better lol

What are the chances of any catching on 8" or 9" wide ride

what are the reviews on the APs like? they seem a bit too cheap to be good.

what are the reviews on the APs like? they seem a bit too cheap to be good.

I was running AP's, the ride was good and the handling at high speed's was very good, but i alway's felt like the rear of the car looked to low no matter what i did. I was feed up with messing about with the ride hight. I made the jump to eibach and have not looked back. The AP's are very good value for money .

Anyone know of any offers on?

What about just going for springs ?