A3 Remap!

Anyone know how to get this saved locally? or have a copy they can email me?

Hi, finding the new car a very nice drive, keen to speed it up a lil tho...
before I think about picking up an s3 lump to drop in I would like to get a remap done due to the positive outcomes ppl seem to get.

I know this has probably been covered over and over, but specifically for my 1997 A3 T, what can ppl reccommend? The shortlist seems to be between AMD (many good responses) and JabbaSport (less used, but possibly better bhp through the range?).

Also I know jabba are based in peterborough, but can only find JBR (nr oxford?) who do the AMD, are there any other closer companies which do the AMD remap (im in brighton, south uk)...

Thanks for any replies

[ QUOTE ]
AndrewUkR6 said:
Hi, finding the new car a very nice drive, keen to speed it up a lil tho...
before I think about picking up an s3 lump to drop in I would like to get a remap done due to the positive outcomes ppl seem to get.

I know this has probably been covered over and over, but specifically for my 1997 A3 T, what can ppl reccommend? The shortlist seems to be between AMD (many good responses) and JabbaSport (less used, but possibly better bhp through the range?).

Also I know jabba are based in peterborough, but can only find JBR (nr oxford?) who do the AMD, are there any other closer companies which do the AMD remap (im in brighton, south uk)...

Thanks for any replies

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew,

We sell the AmD remap, but you still have to go to them for the work to be done! They area good choice tho!

Rich

Rich, where are AMD based?? and what about my discount!

Also Ive noticed Revo, which are alot closer to me - however it seems that while AMD and Jabba will remap your ECU on the rollers, Revo is a generic remap and is simply a set download - plz correct me if im wrong.

Please try and be as unbiased as poss!

Your above comments are true. AmD and Jabba dyno the car before and after... Its a safer way of doing it for sure!

AmD are ased in Bicester, Oxon. From Brighton just head along the A27,M27,M3 A34

Rich

Andrew the AmD remap is really good. who ever you go with i'm sure you'l be happy with the results! It makes a huge difference! The advantages of going to someone like AmD over revo is you get the before and after rolling road check. To me this is vital as you don't want to be increasing the power of your engine if there is a problem with it!

Also if a problem is found prior to the remap, they would be one of the best people to sort it out for you.

Come along to the Rolling road day this saturday at AmD to have a look at some of the figures being produced. There will be a few cars there with different remaps so you can compare!

Hope this helps
Rich.

Thankyou, Ill try and make sat...

From ppl who've had the AMD / jabba remap - do they use a set remap they've already developed (like revo), or is it something they alter while on the rollers, to be individual for each car they map?

It would be very handy to know when choosing who im going to use, although i realise either way a RR session is alwasy worth having.

Regards.

Cheers!

What's the story then with this rolling road session on Saturday then? I have been thinking of having my car tuned up for a bit and would be interested.

What effect does it have on insurance - say for a Stage 2?