345mm ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff

navnayyar

Reaction score
is anyone using 345mm ebc turbo groove discs and greenstuff pads on front axle? I now need some new discs and thinking might aswel do a 345 upgrade. would it be cheaper to do a OEM upgrade or use EBC pads and discs with S3 calipers/carriers? Thanks

The only EBC pad worth using is Yellowstuff, it works pretty well from cold but works good when hot and is almost dustless. They're not expensive either.

I wouldn't use the turbo groove discs - a decent plain OEM spec disc is better so therefore OEM S3 discs/calipers etc with Yellowstuff pads would be best option IMO.

Would i be able to use my existing guide pins, bolts etc if i buy calipers and carriers? Or would i need all new nuts and screws?

Sorry I've got no experience with S3/Audi brakes but I would imagine generally that lot would stay with the carriers/calipers so you wouldnt need to use your old stuff? The only bolts you would normally reuse is the big ones that bolt the carrier to the hub, and some new grub screws for the discs is always handy (but can get these from where you buy the discs from)

I use www.brakeparts.co.uk which use German-made BREMTECH discs which are very good quality OEM-spec discs, carriage is very reasonable too but they have a trade counter in Rochdale if you're not too far).

S3 345x30mm discs BDS6152 £52.50+vat each

I get Yellowstuff EBC pads from www.ebcbrakesdirect.com which applies a 10% discount just before paying and is usually free postage too.

Last edited: