which exhaust???

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
hi all,,like ive stated,,im new to this forum and audi's, just purchased my 1st infact,, an 05 plate b6 avant sport tdi 130!!!!
im over the moon with it but i am interested in tarting her up a bit!!!!
my back bumper is scuffed a fair bit from the previous owner so i was thinking of getting one which will allow me to fit 2 tailpipes!!!
which is the best set up for the money,, i am on a bit of a budget!
will i be better getting a used audi job from another model,,if so,,which one?
would i be better getting an aftermarket job? again if so which one,,,dont want it to sound too loud aswell!!!
or do you think i would be better just going to exhaust uk for a custom job????
i only live 5 minutes away from them but every car i have had has had an exhaust uk jobby and they have all been overly loud, even though they say they can manipulate the sound to suit your needs?????

oh and lastly,,what does OEM mean? i see a few of you guys using this term????

thanks fella's..ps..some sweet a4's in the pictures forum,,gunna put mine on when she's got her war paint on!!!!

now then fella

for starters OEM means original equipment manufacturer

The exhaust i believe you need if you want an audi one will come from a 1.8t petrol, this will then give you the 2 pipes out the back. then you can either change the bottom part of your rear bumper for one with twin cut outs or the whole bumper for an s line version. Cabriolet ones, saloon ones and b7 ones do not fit the avant. Also if you fit the twin exhaust you will need to remember that front wheel drive exhausts only fit other front wheel drive cars and the same with 4 wheel drive, so you will need to get a 1.8t front wheel drive exhaust as you dont mention you have a quattro. next you will also need another heatshield and hanger for the other side of the car undernieth (cheap from audi) and bobs your uncle.

Other exhaust systems people use are made by Milteck but if your on a budget try ebay or a breakers:icon_thumright:

james will be along shortly to verify this

Hi, i am also led to beleive that a 2.0 fsi exhaust will fit, this also has twin boxes but the tail pipe tips are angled downwards not a problem if you are going to cut the tips off and have some nice 100mm stainless tips fitted,

Hope you have more luck finding a used exhaust than i am having

Swarcup is spot on with his advice - if you have a 2005 Sport then I imagine it will have an S-Line style bodykit anyway? So all you will need is a replacement rear lower valance. The most important thing to remember is saloon and avant aren't compatible.

Does your car look like this from behind? (credit trs888!)

6.jpg

Hi, i am also led to beleive that a 2.0 fsi exhaust will fit

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong.... but dont the 2.0FSi's have a single exit exhaust?

yes mate,,it looks exactly like that,,,,same colour too,,,, spooky:lmfao:

Gents i drive a 1.9tdi with twin exhaust just shy of the rear spoiler problem is s line rear i have has a single left side exhaust cut out, what replacement exhaust can i cut and weld on that will pretrude through cut out???

******Avant S-Line twin cut out for sale*******

Just what you need :thumbsup:

Gents i drive a 1.9tdi with twin exhaust just shy of the rear spoiler problem is s line rear i have has a single left side exhaust cut out, what replacement exhaust can i cut and weld on that will pretrude through cut out???

If you just want one visible tailpipe then you could try Powerflow (google them) and look at tips. I'm not sure how that would fit with the twin downpipes coming out of the rear box though.....

Thanks james, i have contacted a local powerflow dealer and have booked an appointment i will update on any prices quoted

Just a quick one s line bumper above with no cut out the black strip is it paint or a black insert that sticks onto bumper if its the latter is there a part no. sorry if this is obvious to you all;-))

Its a black sticker, I haven't got the part number to hand as I'm at work.

Thanks if you get a chance later to update with part no./price i'd appreciate it as i like to be armed with all information when approaching the dealers in croydon as so far its taken a week just to gert part availability for s line fog grill and centre grill(used part no. from another post) ....;-))

Just a quick one s line bumper above with no cut out the black strip is it paint or a black insert that sticks onto bumper if its the latter is there a part no. sorry if this is obvious to you all;-))

I purchased the Saloon S-Line lower valance with twin cut outs (Part No. 8E5 807 521 GG RU) and the "Decal" sticker came packaged with the new valance part - I did not have to order it separately - I was in two minds whether to stick it on and was going to order it later if I wanted it.
Ended up sticking it on anyway as it gave a little bit of contrast to my black rear.
Note the Avant Rear Valance part number will be 8E9 807 521 GG RU. [~£156]
The Avant "sticker" is Part No. 8E9 807 800 A [~£17] for the twin cut outs, (Saloon part no. starts 8E5)

Powerflow tips welded on my saloon <<Linked Here>>
2x £50 per tip (100mm) + adaptor fabrication to match current exhaust & welding = £140 (Ipswich Powerflow Dealer)
Took around 1.5 hours - excellent 1st class job - very careful and spent a while lining up to match spoiler cut-outs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info although i may have given the impression that its a twin pipe more like a dual pipe on the left side and the exhaust cutout is also just the left side, i will as stated earlier be going to powerflow at least now i have an idea of price, thanks again, hopefully james may have single exhaust cutout decal part no......

For Single Exhaust outlet on Left (as per 1.6L & 2.0L) Avant Valance: 8E9 807 521 FG RU and Avant Decal Sticker: 8E9 807 800

My a4 b6 190t exhaust will soon be up for grab's, as im going for a full stainless job including cat. The exhaust has covered 42K.

it's a sticker that comes with the rear valance, when purchased new, from AUDI !!!

My a4 b6 190t exhaust will soon be up for grab's, as im going for a full stainless job including cat. The exhaust has covered 42K.

I am after one. Preferable to borrow for a couple of weeks. However would buy if the price was right.

I'm placing my order for the stainless exhaust this week so the stock item will be off the following week.

A B7 exhaust will fit too, Avant or Saloon as long as it's FWD if you car is FWD as said by an earlier poster. Benefit of B7 exhaust is slightly larger tips. 1.8T tips are aprox 60mm, B7 2.0TFSI are 80 - 85mm IIRC. Millteks are 90mm and 100mm depending which you choose. FSI exhaust, whether B6 or B7 is single left hand pipe. So now you have more choices available, keep your eyes on the bay. :icon_thumright:

B7 2.0TFSi exhaust on a dirty B6 Avant
070220092926.jpg

Last edited:
Just called Audi in coulsdon for a price on rear lower valance but they were unable to confirm what part no is for the TDI s line valance with no exhaust cutout same as quattro james's example but saloon anybody have the definitive part no. i can go back to Audi with???? help...

Vagcat.com will give you the part numbers.