rear crank seal. 20vt generic?

Different holder assys iirc. not sure why. I have read that the holes are there in some to fit the NEW type, but not encountered it myself

i just couldnt see it being different myself, but ive not got it in bits in front of my at the mo and i dont have access to ekta either! sadly i do need the bits for money haha

no one got etka they could have a peek on for me?

Hi Matt,

Had a quick look on ETKA (Revision 7) and it only lists one rear crank seal as a complete unit (No.15, Sealing Flange Rear, 06A 103 171 A, no models listed against the part number so I presume that it fits all 1.8 engines...

Comes in at about £50.00 for the genuine part (+FAT).

thanks fells. i couldnt see it being different myself

will report back on monday. thats when ill find out

Just wondering what is the best way to remove the crank pulley from the crank.

Nathan

Ye, whats the best way to remove the 19mm 12 point bolts.

Nathan

it wont be necessary to remove that to take the pulley off.

Thats the only bolts on the pulley though, I dont mean the damper if thats what yours thinking.

The actually crank pulley with the teeth needs to come off but unsure of the best way to remove it.

Nathan

have a butchers

fig7s.jpg

fig8.1s.jpg

so what bit you taking off? the 4 allen bolts get the damper and pullet off

My car looks like the second pic now and need to get that pulley off but unsure whats the best way

you need to tackle the 19mm 12pt thing which will be at hundreds of nm. wont be easy at all, you need to lock the other end of the crank otherwise the engine will just turn over

what are you doing to it anyway?

Ye, thats what im after, what have other people done to lock the crank.

not had to do it on a fwd car, closest ive been was a porsche 928, 290nm crank bolt. used the car in gear with brakes on, breaker bar and 4ft of exhaust for leverage. it went eventually

so i suppose it depnds on whether you have a gearbox on and the wheels on the ground

Thats exactly what ive been doing but only used a breaker bar, no pole on the end.

I will try it with a pole, just feels like im going to take some teeth off my flywheel when I do it.

Nath

id definately check what elsawin recommends you do. if i find out ill post it up