Coilovers

I had coilover's (AP's) Never again.. Go for new uprated sping's and shock's.. I'm running Eibach.

I had coilover's (AP's) Never again.. Go for new uprated sping's and shock's.. I'm running Eibach.

Mind me asking why you changed back dude?

Just bought an s-line and was considering the aps as I want a nice drop on 19's

Mind me asking why you changed back dude?

Just bought an s-line and was considering the aps as I want a nice drop on 19's

With Eibach you will still get the desired drop. AP's are ok if you like to play with the ride height. Eibach pro street are fit and forget item no need to mess about get the stance right.

IMG_2900.jpg

Ah the eibach pro-streets are actually the springs id looked at too! Not sure if id want to go a little lower than that though hmmm. Looks stunning though buddy :) the lms are what ive been looking at too! What tyre size are you running & any problems with rubbing / scrapping on speedbumps etc at that height?

Thanks. p.s just realised your from s.wales too :)

The tyre size is 235x35x19 rear wheel's have 15mm spacer's and front's have 10mm spacer's with no rubbing prblem's . I'm changing the wheel's soon as i have goot my eye on a new set. I'm a nightmare when it come's to wheel's. I have new wheel's every couple of months. I live close to Swansea.

Last edited:
Ah cool thanks dude, are they 9.5 wide? they do sit very nicely! any more picss?

Im trying to decide on whether to go silver or with a black theme against my red paintwork..

Think with me is my work has some lovely annoying speedbumps all the way into and out of the carpark, those stuuuupid black and yellow harsh ones which you cant avoid :(

So if i get coils and go too low ill probably get stuck :\

Coilover's give you the choice (high/low), but eibach shock's and spring's are good enough for my need's. The car is'nt that low compared to when i was running AP's coilover's .

Ah cool thanks dude, are they 9.5 wide? they do sit very nicely! any more picss?

Im trying to decide on whether to go silver or with a black theme against my red paintwork..

Think with me is my work has some lovely annoying speedbumps all the way into and out of the carpark, those stuuuupid black and yellow harsh ones which you cant avoid :(

So if i get coils and go too low ill probably get stuck :\

19's with Eibach Pro-street

IMG_2162.jpg
IMG_2165.jpg
IMG_2239-1.jpg

Last edited:
Now that does look damn nice dude :)

Tricky decision this as on previous cars ive regretted going with springs as werent low enough for me, however having never had coils I reaaallly dont want to ruin the ride as the standard rides lovely on the car..

I was in two mind's at first and after only 3 month's i was sick to the back teeth of the AP's . I was forever f++king about with them try to sort the stance out. I was paranoid as fellow club member's keep saying the back looked to low at club meet's and show's. Be warned that you have to take measurement's before and after fitting the coilover's, it's a pain in the ****. Oh make sure you take even more measurements after a week or two after fitting them, with shock's and spring's they are a fit and forget item and as they bed in the lower the car look's.

Yeah I hear what your saying dude, was it still driveable when it was lower on the coileys? I ran just eibach springs on my last car (ep3 civic type r) and wasnt bad ride quality to be fair!

are your reps 8.5 wide by the way? as one set im looking into I think are 19x8.5 and et45

Yep 8.5's (me think's) i wil check. The coilover's made some crazy sound's when hitting bump's ect. Ride was good tobe fare also the handlling
was great, myself and S4Twiggy aka Grant had a little play on a bendy road section near the Brecon's and i was up his chuff before he had his car lowered... Some pic's of the car again on 19's x 9's Brabus V2's + AP coilover's. at AITP last year. Man time is flying, next week is AITP 2010..
IMG_1456.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg

Haha I think you've had every set of wheels im considering :p ahh the dodgy noises is off putting :( thats certainly somthing I dont want! Lovely height in those pics though, a touch down on the front and itd be perrfect! Ah im not getting to any shows this year :\ other than maybe the VW one up in margam!

p.s any noises from the eibach springs? and how is the ride compared to standard s-line springs?

If you have anymore side profile shots (or any atall for that matter) on the springs whack em up :)

There are no noises with the Eibach. Most of the pic's of the car are what other club member's have taken (i'm poop with the camara).
The ride is very good.

Good to know. Ah no worries matey. Thinking of selling the lms soon? ;) those, mercs or a few others are top of my list. Think i may go eibach like you as it is my daily :( with 19s i should still keep good clearance

p.s ive just realised it was the eibach Sportlines spring kit i was looking into

Last edited:
When i do have to use my car to go to work there are 4 speed ramp's i have had no problem's with clearance.. Yes finger's crossed my wheel's should be here on friday..

Last edited:
nicee i think you should pm me new wheel info dude ;) let me know about how much your after for the lms too incase!

nicee i think you should pm me new wheel info dude ;) let me know about how much your after for the lms too incase!

Where about's are you in s.Wales