Q5 Aftermarket Pads and Rotors - 2013 Audi Q5

rtyagi2

Reaction score
Hi All,

I own a 2013 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 2.0L Quattro . In my Recent visit to Audi Dealership for a 35K service . ( I currently have 30K miles on Audi Q5 )

I was advised that I should get my Front and Rear Break Pads and Rotors Changed . This is the current condition :- Front Brakes - 2mm and Rear Brakes - 4mm .

I went to an independent Brake Shop and the mechanic advised me that same .

I have narrowed on the following combinations for pads and rotors

1.) Akebono Pads + Zimmerman Rotors

2.) Akebono Pads + Brembo Rotors

3.) Brembo Pads + Zimmerman Rotors

4.) Brembo Pads + Brembo Rotors

Concern :- One of the common thing that both dealer and the brake shop mentioned is that they have had complaints about aftermarket products squeaking a lot .

I would really be helpful if someone can help with the pads and rotors combinations AND also the concern about aftermarket products squeaking as compared to OEM .

Hope to hear .

Rotors = I guess you are not in the UK? So I won't mention specific UK brands/sources :smile new:
Zimmerman are a leading rotor/disc manufacturer as are Brembo, I haven't heard of the other in the UK. Generally, it's considered favourable (but not essential) to match the rotors/discs and pads with the same manufacturer. Whilst some cheap, aftermarket or indeed track (and not road suitable) pads might squeal, I am genuinely not aware that Audi OE stuff has any unique claim over not squealing.

Thanks a lot I was more keen towards Zimmerman Rotors and Brembo pads . Any thoughts ?

Also any thoughts about the squeaking concern ?

Can't criticize Zimmerman or Brembo.
Not had any problem with premium quality, aftermarket, road-suitable pads (e.g. brembo, textar, pagid) squealing myself. To me, the comment made, sounds like some sweeping generalization and not justified. Premium aftermarket pads nowadays come with either fixed backing plates or their own replacement stainless steel fixing shims which both largely eliminates the troublesome metal-on-metal contact that used to cause squealing.

If you're happy with the combo that was in there already just replace with the same?
Although they're usually a bit more expensive I now tend to stick to OME parts when it comes to brakes.