B&O soundsystem on 2020 A3

KXL

Reaction score
Anyone has received their A3 with the B&O sound system?
Opinions appreciated.
Fantastic? Worth the extra, or meh, nothing special / waste of money?
I mean 14 speakers with 680 watts seems a lot for a A3 sized car.
Will be coming from a Volvo V40 with the mid-range sound system with an underseat amp of 'only' 4x45 watts through 8 speakers.

I’ve got the B&O sound system and it is really good, needs tuning in a bit as when i first got it it was very tinny, but it was just how it was configured.

Reactions: AdamInKent and KXL
Will be filming a you-tube video on it very soon, make sure to sub to the channel to check it out: https://youtube.com/c/crdchannel

My own car has B&O (comfort and sound pack), and I recently sat in a car without. It is a noticeable difference indeed.

Also think of it as when you eventually go to sell the car, it will be a more sought after model naturally as sound systems appeal to a lot of users so you will always get some of the investment back.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Thanks all, looks like I made the right choice selecting comfort & Sound pack, £15 a month more a month on lease, but I also get the reverse camera, and the self-parking (it's going to be weird at first).

Thanks all, looks like I made the right choice selecting comfort & Sound pack, £15 a month more a month on lease, but I also get the reverse camera, and the self-parking (it's going to be weird at first).

self parking doesn’t come as part of the comfort and sound pack, I have that as well it just shows you what to be wary of on the screen. Unless I’m being thick and can’t figure out how to work it !

self parking doesn’t come as part of the comfort and sound pack, I have that as well it just shows you what to be wary of on the screen. Unless I’m being thick and can’t figure out how to work it !
According to the current configurator, it does come bundled with C&S:

“Parking assist with parking system plus.
In the area captured by the ultrasonic sensors, park assist helps find a suitable on-street parking space. The system calculates the best parking path for bay parking spaces (forwards and backwards), and the best parking and exiting paths for kerbside parking spaces.
Through precise steering manoeuvres, the system supports you when entering or exiting parking spaces. The driver simply needs to follow the instructions on the display, change gear, accelerate, brake and monitor the entire parking process. The system even assists with parking in several moves. The visual display can, based on the steering angle, warn the driver of any obstacles at the side by showing the path. The function is activated via the park assist button on the centre console.”

So it does do this? @ 3:50. Perhaps @auzzam_crd could enlighten us with one of his youtube videos on how to do it properly?

Maybe that's for another topic, 'how to use the parking assist systems'

Last edited:
Reactions: Moots

In the area captured by the ultrasonic sensors, park assist helps find a suitable on-street parking space. The system calculates the best parking path for bay parking spaces (forwards and backwards), and the best parking and exiting paths for kerbside parking spaces.
Through precise steering manoeuvres, the system supports you when entering or exiting parking spaces. The driver simply needs to follow the instructions on the display, change gear, accelerate, brake and monitor the entire parking process. The system even assists with parking in several moves. The visual display can, based on the steering angle, warn the driver of any obstacles at the side by showing the path. The function is activated via the park assist button on the centre console.”

That's correct it's part of the C&S pack - You have 2 buttons under the Cliamte Controls - 1 for Parking Sensors if you want to turn them on/off and the other one with the Steering wheel is the Park Assist ( I tried it on the 8V as you had to order it separately then and it was rubbish so didn't add it on my 8V S3)

Yea but as far as I can tell all it does is guide you, unless there’s a way to trigger it. I should read the manual really!

Yea but as far as I can tell all it does is guide you, unless there’s a way to trigger it. I should read the manual really!

You have to do the accelerator and braking etc but it does the steering for you - Yes you'll need to read up about it - You used to have to activate it, turn on the indicator the side you are parking and drive past the space slowly - If it calculates it can get in there you then follow the instructions and it start s the steering etc - easier with an s-tronic as you only have to ride the brake rather then clutch etc

I hated it and to be honest I only looked at it to save scuffing the wheels but it was so far away from the kerb I was more likely to lose a door mirror lol

good luck with the manual, apparently it's one of the world's longest, oops I mean most comprehensive ones.

I will be uploading a full comfort and sound pack overview this coming Wednesday!

It's a good feature but a bit novelty in all honesty.

Make sure to subscribe and support us so you're kept up to date with the latest content :)

https://youtube.com/c/crdchannel

Thanks

Auzzam

B&O is a must if you like listening to music in the car, the standard Audi sound system is really poor.

B&O is a must if you like listening to music in the car, the standard Audi sound system is really poor.

I take it that in the past Audi used to have 3 sound systems, base one (6 speakers), Audi Sound system (is this the one you mention) with 10 speakers, inc sub in boot, and B&O with 14/15 speakers. I take it that the 8Y (unless it's market dependent) only has stock and B&O and no longer has the Audi Sound system which was the middle option?

Let's hope it sounds better than the speakers in the door cards look as to my eyes they look awfully cheap

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I take it that in the past Audi used to have 3 sound systems, base one (6 speakers), Audi Sound system (is this the one you mention) with 10 speakers, inc sub in boot, and B&O with 14/15 speakers. I take it that the 8Y (unless it's market dependent) only has stock and B&O and no longer has the Audi Sound system which was the middle option?

The non cost standard option is dire, the Audi sound system which is the mid cost option is passable. As a person who is into their music, and really likes to listen to music in the car the B&O is the only option for me.

These were the options available in the 8V, to be honest I’ve not looked at the options in the 8Y as I think it’s awful looking and I will never be buying one.

Reactions: TYb
The non cost standard option is dire, the Audi sound system which is the mid cost option is passable. As a person who is into their music, and really likes to listen to music in the car the B&O is the only option for me.

These were the options available in the 8V, to be honest I’ve not looked at the options in the 8Y as I think it’s awful looking and I will never be buying one.

I’m pretty sure that 8Y has similar options. I like the look of it, so I have bought one :p (Complete with Comfort and Sound.)

Reactions: Chris4410
I will be uploading a full comfort and sound pack overview this coming Wednesday!

It's a good feature but a bit novelty in all honesty.

Make sure to subscribe and support us so you're kept up to date with the latest content :)

https://youtube.com/c/crdchannel

Thanks

Auzzam
Happy to hear there’s a review coming. I’m assuming the “bit of a novelty” comment was related to the upgraded stereo as the reversing camera is useful and the heated seats are an essential as far as I’m concerned :) If only they had included a heated steering wheel instead of Park Assist it would be a perfect pack.

I thought the novelty was referred to the auto-park, and hope not the B&O. Lets find out which it is :). Agreed reverse camera is super useful, although saying that...my first two cars had neither parking sensors nor reverse camera, and my curent car had both, guess in which car I actually hit the curb few times?

Let's hope it sounds better than the speakers in the door cards look as to my eyes they look awfully cheap

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I agree with the presentation of the speakers, the normal sound system just had the cards missing, whereas the B&O there is this nice (assuming) brush metal trim which says B&O and i hope doesn't rattle. By the way, those who already have their 2020 A3s, does anything rattle or vibrate in the cabin yet? These sounds drive me nuts!

I agree with the presentation of the speakers, the normal sound system just had the cards missing, whereas the B&O there is this nice (assuming) brush metal trim which says B&O and i hope doesn't rattle. By the way, those who already have their 2020 A3s, does anything rattle or vibrate in the cabin yet? These sounds drive me nuts!

Duplicate

Duplicate

The B&O speakers use to have some nice ambient lights around them, not any longer. Yet another cost cutting measure by Audi.

Happy to hear there’s a review coming. I’m assuming the “bit of a novelty” comment was related to the upgraded stereo as the reversing camera is useful and the heated seats are an essential as far as I’m concerned :) If only they had included a heated steering wheel instead of Park Assist it would be a perfect pack.

Hey Adam,

More around the park assist, the speakers are a must in my opinion especially once you've sat in a car with and without b&o.

You won't be disappointed with your purchase :)

Turns out it does have park assist!

stop, press the steering wheel P button, indicate to tell it which side it’s on, pick a space on the MMI then drive slowly and it moves the wheel for you.

Easier just to park myself lol

stop, press the steering wheel P button, indicate to tell it which side it’s on, pick a space on the MMI then drive slowly and it moves the wheel for you.

Lol don't forget selecting the gear and press the brake - they should have called it steering assist!

Does it park you far far from the curb if parallel parking?

Goes live in the evening - hopefully some of you can make it for the live Q&A

Last edited:
Reactions: SamR92, AdamInKent and Moots
Any idea how much it varies with a manual for park assist? I’m guessing same, just you need to ride the clutch throughout?

Any idea how much it varies with a manual for park assist? I’m guessing same, just you need to ride the clutch throughout?

It works the same way and like you say riding the clutch -I tried it once on an S-Tronic and it was awful - I would imagine manual must be a lot worse though than just creeping in with an auto