RS3 Build Tracker Spreadsheet

So I did.get build date 15 week of 2023 ;)

But will.cancel.it anyway

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans, Terminator x and kayemill
There seem to be a few build weeks coming through now if I’m reading this all correctly? Still surprised how I’ve managed to get BW41 when I only ordered a couple of weeks ago. Still inconclusive, but maybe the Sportbacks are delayed more than saloons as they seem more popular??

There seem to be a few build weeks coming through now if I’m reading this all correctly? Still surprised how I’ve managed to get BW41 when I only ordered a couple of weeks ago. Still inconclusive, but maybe the Sportbacks are delayed more than saloons as they seem more popular??
Since the turn of the year and even more so since Putin started his $hite a build week now means S.F.A

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin
I ordered the day after the books opened and got mine on 25th March. It really is a lottery!

I think Snake was the lottery winner among us though. If I remember right he got his saloon last year!

Yeah it arrived at the Dealers in December and I picked up early January :icon thumright:
Disappointing to still hear that lots of people have no idea when they might get their cars - and some just giving up and cancelling.

Reactions: kayemill
If my car wasn't taking so long to get delivered l may have kept it but a lot has changed in the world and its given me time to evaluate things since l ordered it at the end of September.....and l dare say a lot more people will have changed their minds ....and as time goes on people will cancel or sell it on when their car arrives

still no ETA on your car yet ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-105928_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220505-105928_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
In fairness to my dealership he did say when I ordered that saloons were quicker.

Reactions: 3vans
Next year so l was told 2 months ago

OMG !!!!!
That is nuts - things are just getting silly aren't they.
Possibly just as well you aren't so hung up about the car now mate.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
In fairness to my dealership he did say when I ordered that saloons were quicker.

The saloons ARE quicker than the hatch in every way ha ha ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill, 3vans, dousedinmud and 3 others
Hi, I'm from Canberra, Australia.

At the end of January 2022 I ordered a Sportback, Kemora Gray Metallic, Exterior mirror housings in Aluminum Look, Matte aluminium styling package, Roof rails in aluminium, RS design package plus (Red). A5786WDN

I was told at the time the wait time was going to be twelve months and if I didn't de-option the 360 camera it will probably be longer. The dealer has kept me updated when the order went to 'frozen' status (end of March) (at the same time they offered me to take their newly arrived S3 sedan demonstrator for a Friday afternoon drive - by myself! It came back a bit second hand, but I can vouch for the night and day handling from my previous gen S3 to the new platform).

Anyway, got an email from the sales rep today advising the order is in the factory and they have assigned a VIN.

Can anyone help me with some feedback how long it may take to leave the factory from here? Obviously shipping to Australia is a wee bit longer than to the UK.

Jason

Reactions: Mr Freeze, RS03???, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Ordered about a month ago and now has a vin?! Incredible.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: garethdj, Adi7r and Daggerit
Ordered about a month ago and now has a vin?! Incredible.

TX.

Another instance showing that the ordering process is an absolute sh!t show. People here that have been waiting since August or September last year with no signs of a build date and then others getting the car built in a few months from ordering. Not even like they can use any RHD/LHD differences excuses in this case.

Hi, I'm from Canberra, Australia.

At the end of January 2022 I ordered a Sportback, Kemora Gray Metallic, Exterior mirror housings in Aluminum Look, Matte aluminium styling package, Roof rails in aluminium, RS design package plus (Red). A5786WDN

I was told at the time the wait time was going to be twelve months and if I didn't de-option the 360 camera it will probably be longer. The dealer has kept me updated when the order went to 'frozen' status (end of March) (at the same time they offered me to take their newly arrived S3 sedan demonstrator for a Friday afternoon drive - by myself! It came back a bit second hand, but I can vouch for the night and day handling from my previous gen S3 to the new platform).

Anyway, got an email from the sales rep today advising the order is in the factory and they have assigned a VIN.

Can anyone help me with some feedback how long it may take to leave the factory from here? Obviously shipping to Australia is a wee bit longer than to the UK.

Jason
Mine was around four weeks from factory to dealer so you are, as you say looking at a wee bit longer.

It is worth the wait though!

Not an RS3 but our S3 has been pushed back again to end of June at best. That will be 1 year for an S3. We've had to extend the BMW finance twice now.

@RS03??? So I have a build date ...

Feb 2023! No week given so just assume last week of Feb pls.

TX.

Edit - from last few posts looks like we all have same or similar build date.

• Wow
Reactions: kayemill
Moved from week 5 to week 4 couple month back..no change since. Fuming.

D

Don't see builds moving in a positive way for the foreseeable
So your 2304....?
It’s mental how I’ve ordered before you from same dealer in August and been given a build date later than yours

It’s mental how I’ve ordered before you from same dealer in August and been given a build date later than yours
Is it not a 5 week difference? Not as bad as someone who orders in August and got his car a month ago ...exclusive paint and all .....

I ordered Sept 4th and got my car March 5th

Reactions: Daggerit
How can one of the largest automotive manufacturing corporations in the world act so disorganised ...yeah l know how??? it's the same company that was at fault with the car emissions scandal ......

Reactions: Daggerit
Is it not a 5 week difference? Not as bad as someone who orders in August and got his car a month ago ...exclusive paint and all .....
Won’t be using a small group next time that’s for sure, try my luck with one of the bigger group of dealers.

Has anyone ordered with 2 dealers to see which one they might get first?

Won’t be using a small group next time that’s for sure, try my luck with one of the bigger group of dealers.
Not sure it’s even as simple as that! Mines JCT600 which is supposed to be one of the biggest as they do all the MSG cars but I’m still waiting too. And I got the earliest order number on here. 10/11th August.

Reactions: Jassyo06
How would that go down if your going through Audi Finance ....last year Audi finance where auditing orders before approval of finance
Good point, sorry I hadn’t factored that into my thought process as I’m not getting finance.

@RS03??? Update - mine has moved from unconfirmed build week 34 to 29. Thanks again for maintaining the spreadsheet.

Reactions: 3vans, Jaeger12 and jaypers777
I just got a letter through saying there are delays (no kidding) and that for my order it’ll likely be several months before I even have a build date. That’s for the one placed in December last year. Makes a mockery of the company when people ordered at the start of the year and already have cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a letter through saying there are delays (no kidding) and that for my order it’ll likely be several months before I even have a build date. That’s for the one placed in December last year. Makes a mockery of the company when people ordered at the start of the year and already have cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you've got 2 on order ?