StateSideS3's long overdue Picture/Build Thread

florio_s3

Reaction score
I have been extremely lazy on ever starting a thread for my car.
Figured I'd finally get around to it.
This is the current state, ill play catch up at a later time, but for now hope you enjoy and love to hear any feed back and or criticism Cheers!

It is a 2001 S3, originally AMK 1.8t
Car was black and had a color change to BMW Salmon Silver

In 2015 I did a full motor build with a precision 6062 DBB gen 2 turbo
Car made some serious power but was really only fun on the highway because of the lag in the lower RPM range, but boy did it pull like a freight train
it made 577awhp and 503awtq
Unfortunatly at the end of 2016 I had a mishap with the motor and it needed a rebuild but after all the things i been through with it i decided to part the 1.8t turbo kit and do a 3.2 VR6 swap which I did in my garage over the winter taking my time
Here are some videos from when it was big turbo

Now here are some videos of how the car looks and sounds now when I finished it for spring of 2017 last year

uha1RMA.jpg

KOPsK53.jpg

Ak7CxCR.jpg

V8mL1uW.jpg

Current Mod List:
All Deletes
Custom Header which vbands into my old 3" turboback, no cat, no res, has an old school 10" GHL round muffler which is basically straight through
It is loud, but can't say its an annoying loud, also I dont drive it every day so i don't mind listening to it when i do
Custom intake
United Motorsport Tune
Fluidampr
Lightweight powersteering pulley, didnt want to leave the alternator one on
Stainless hardlines for the fuel line in the bay that attach to my braided -an lines I had from when the car was big turbo
Also has a deutschwerks high flow drop in fuel pump from my previous build
Car runs and pulls very strong, pulled away from my buddies gti that also did a 3.2 swap and also my buddies mk5 r32

If anyone knows of a better place to continue makes some post or a thread let me know

My Instagram is StateSideS3 if anyone wants to check out some other posts

Reactions: Sam_, hydro s3, Sandra and 3 others
Beautiful car, great post.
Audi should have made a six pot option s3 8L from scratch... imo.

Thats a lovely colour.

I would love to hear more about the 3.2 engine swap. All the nitty gritty details.

I know a few people have put them into S3's, but details seem to be very thin on the ground as to just how easy/difficult it is.

I would love to put one in my S3 and then bolt a blower to it.

Impressive stuff mate, car looks ammaculate. 577 is an outrageous number, what was the spec of the engine?

Impressive stuff mate, car looks ammaculate. 577 is an outrageous number, what was the spec of the engine?

It was a 1.8 still, not stroked or bored out.
IE drop in rods with the stock 20mm wrist pin pistons. Fully built head with all ferrea valves, springs and retainers and an IE Street intake cam. Custom FFE turbo kit with tubular vband manifold and a precision 6062 gen 2 DBB turbo running 93oct and meth

Reactions: SamHendry and andrew_wright
What a beautiful car!

No wonder it was laggy with the 6062 on a stock 1800! haha. Must have been a right laugh when it did get going though!

When does the turbo go onto the VR? :racer:

Nice build, both of them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk