What have you done to your 8V today?

What metal footrest is that? U.K. S-Tronic cars don’t normally have one.

Ah, just noticed it’s your A5 .

Reactions: S32B
Good shout, think I will swap my rubber mats over to carpet for summer

Drove mine for the 1st time in a few days, have been driving my girlfriends DS3, now I really appreciate the Audi build quality!

Reactions: Bells, Tom.H, oli356 and 1 other person
Cleaned car and failed to get the exhaust tips off.... tried pushing the clip outwards (towards the exhaust tips) and pulling and twisting but nothing... few taps with a hammer but nope...

I need to get the exhaust off to get access and open up the valve motors to give them a blow of compressed air* (grr), so will try again when I do this..

* The AWE SwitchPath remote I have is playing up sometimes and the valves won't open, they just loop between open/closed ()
, AWE have suggested the valve motors might have debris in and I should clean them out.
Earlier in the week though at the roadside I disconnected the AWE system and connected the exhaust valve cables as if they were stock and even in dynamic mode they wouldn't open. Connected AWE again and both opened which was weird because 10 minutes before they wouldn't.... totally random when it happens :S

Washed!
Again

Got 20mm H&R lowering springs in the garage
RS3 grille in the garage
Carbon splitter on order
Carbon spoiler on order
Sourcing fear diffuser
Sourcing DTUK box

Can't wait for warranty to end so I can put more.than just "washed"
9bbdd586ec74cab5805ba01654a5cfbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, jungle650, lucaslfc and 6 others
Car went in for SunTek Paint Protection Film , full front, both wings and mirrors and grill. Also in was a very nice McLaren 720s.
CFC240F1 5FFA 47EA A929 BD26F609E3A3
CFC240F1 5FFA 47EA A929 BD26F609E3A3
B6E368CB 2519 4D1B A0D0 22CE77D9ACED

Reactions: rvtb101, EvOS3, V6_Man and 8 others
Car went in for SunTek Paint Protection Film , full front, both wings and mirrors and grill.
What sort of figure did it cost mate? If I were getting another darker coloured car I'd be tempted to get it done all over! It's the stuff that heal itself when heat is on the car isn't it?
I can see why the owner of the 720s would have this done .... But on a S3? now... . That's a very close call indeed l wouldn't but hey each to their own
Prevention is better than cure! Think this stuff is guaranteed for 5 years!

Reactions: S3LOK
What sort of figure did it cost mate? If I were getting another darker coloured car I'd be tempted to get it done all over! It's the stuff that heal itself when heat is on the car isn't it?

When my bro enquired back in 2015 these were the prices he was given :fearscream:

Standard kit: Bumper, part bonnet (wrapped edges), part wings (inner edges wrapped) wing mirrors: £675.00 + vat

Full Front kit: Bumper, full bonnet (wrapped edges), full wings (inner edges wrapped), wing mirrors: £1300.00 + vat

Complete kit: every external painted panel on the car protected: £3900.00 + vat

Exterior sill pack: £375.00 + vat

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man and S32B

So why haven't you got it done

got my insurance renewal in...and its gone down, yes DOWN £20, the email said "car: audi a3" so I rang to double check it was actually insured as an S3 which it was but have heard people have had the same confusion before....also resonator delete didnt effect the price at all.

also got my replacement drivers side air vent/bumper grill ready to swap.

Reactions: Jassyo06
got my insurance renewal in...and its gone down, yes DOWN £20, the email said "car: audi a3" so I rang to double check it was actually insured as an S3 which it was but have heard people have had the same confusion before....also resonator delete didnt effect the price at all.

also got my replacement drivers side air vent/bumper grill ready to swap.

Who are you with Matt? I ended up changing from Direct Line to AXA as they came in the cheapest, still more than last year though!

Total cost was £1180 for Full Bonnet, Front Bumper including the Headlights, Grill, Full Wings, Mirrors, Side Skirts and Part of the rear Lower bumper close to the back wheels are.

Yes 5 years and its the stuff that Heals itself in the heat i think..

Reactions: robps3, NevMan and S32B
Who are you with Matt? I ended up changing from Direct Line to AXA as they came in the cheapest, still more than last year though!
im with admiral, AXA wouldnt insure me last year, had a quick check on comparethemarket and they came in basically the same price as Admiral. I was certain it was going to be more after seeing what people on here were saying, weird really

Reactions: S1Pete
im with admiral, AXA wouldnt insure me last year, had a quick check on comparethemarket and they came in basically the same price as Admiral. I was certain it was going to be more after seeing what people on here were saying, weird really

Admiral wanted £1055 for me, Aviva wanted £2087 :tearsofjoy:

I think some companies just pull a figure out of the air!

Reactions: MattSedg
I'm with Saga - Must be an Age Thing ! Lol! £335.

Reactions: NevMan, Tom.H and MattSedg
£970 from admiral, unbelieveable really which is why I rang to check its not down as an A3

Admiral wanted £1055 for me, Aviva wanted £2087 :tearsofjoy:

I think some companies just pull a figure out of the air!

I'm with Saga - Must be an Age Thing ! Lol! £335.

Reactions: Tom.H and S1Pete
£970 from admiral, unbelieveable really which is why I rang to check its not down as an A3

I actually ended up paying £567.25 with AXA, can't grumble I suppose lol

Reactions: MattSedg
When my bro enquired back in 2015 these were the prices he was given :fearscream:

Standard kit: Bumper, part bonnet (wrapped edges), part wings (inner edges wrapped) wing mirrors: £675.00 + vat

Full Front kit: Bumper, full bonnet (wrapped edges), full wings (inner edges wrapped), wing mirrors: £1300.00 + vat

Complete kit: every external painted panel on the car protected: £3900.00 + vat

Exterior sill pack: £375.00 + vat

Ouch :(

So why haven't you got it done
Because I have a white car now! so dead easy to keep everything looking good ;) Hence why I said I'd get it done if I had a darker car, sneeze on that and a swirl or scratch appears lol.

Total cost was £1180 for Full Bonnet, Front Bumper including the Headlights, Grill, Full Wings, Mirrors, Side Skirts and Part of the rear Lower bumper close to the back wheels are.

Yes 5 years and its the stuff that Heals itself in the heat i think..

OK thanks, if keeping the car 5 years it doesn't work out too bad, especially if it makes life easier. The main reason I sold the S3 so soon was because it was black and all the marks on the bonnet started to do my head in!!! I was constantly touching in tiny chips or polishing out light scratches etc. I love the look of black, but it's a full time job!

I'm with AXA, going direct with them was cheaper, plus they give you an extra 10% off if you have a dash cam :)

Reactions: NevMan, Tom.H and MattSedg
Ouch :(

Because I have a white car now! so dead easy to keep everything looking good ;) Hence why I said I'd get it done if I had a darker car, sneeze on that and a swirl or scratch appears lol.

OK thanks, if keeping the car 5 years it doesn't work out too bad, especially if it makes life easier. The main reason I sold the S3 so soon was because it was black and all the marks on the bonnet started to do my head in!!! I was constantly touching in tiny chips or polishing out light scratches etc. I love the look of black, but it's a full time job!

This is the reason i've got mine car done, cant stand keep touching up stone chips specially they show up on dark colour cars more. My old A5 was white and that was easy didn't seem to show up marks.

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
Michelin PS4s all round and man what a tyre! I wanted to put them on my S4 but couldn't find many reviews at that time so I went ahead with PS3s. For the A3 I had to try PS4s with the view that if I like them I will replace my PS3s on the S4 when the time comes, hopefully end of the year.

I have only driven a few miles since the change and tbh it's a night and day difference in the ride / road grip compared to sh*t* Continentals that I had before.

And ... washed again with CarPro Essence followed by CarPro Hydro2 and the depth it gives is mind blowing... I don't think pictures do any justice.

c78a939c68b679339bc8aa8e7107616a.jpg

71cefec3a9a1df563dbd64f6629ad0df.jpg

6ac97b25e765dcf1c124a83527649b33.jpg

4f2ef2aed42c00410a371617a5b5e59d.jpg

Oh, and the car has previously been detailed with Scholl S20 Black Concept and a coat of Soft99Fusso Dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyGiann, jungle650, NevMan and 4 others
At 10k miles I was given a renewal quote from admiral of 550 so basically same as yours. Needed to up mileage to 13k though so £625 now.

Best quote from anywhere else was 1300, most 2000.. Some places not willing to insure full stop lol.

6 year driving, 5 year ncb so can't complain much. Albeit that's a 4 vechile multicar.

At 10k miles I was given a renewal quote from admiral of 550 so basically same as yours. Needed to up mileage to 13k though so £625 now.

Best quote from anywhere else was 1300, most 2000.. Some places not willing to insure full stop lol.

6 year driving, 5 year ncb so can't complain much. Albeit that's a 4 vechile multicar.

I've been driving 13 years with 11 years no claims (although I've never had a claim, the bonus accelerator from Elephant wasn't counted elsewhere)

I’m with AXA and just got my renewal and they’re asking for another £25, that’s the 2nd year they’ve bumped it up.
My renewal is £295 for an S3 Saloon but I’m going to get a few more quotes before I renew.
I’ll have to check to see if they’re APR map friendly too

I’m with AXA and just got my renewal and they’re asking for another £25, that’s the 2nd year they’ve bumped it up.
My renewal is £295 for an S3 Saloon but I’m going to get a few more quotes before I renew.
I’ll have to check to see if they’re APR map friendly too
That's not bad, my S3 was £272 last year and if I still had it this year it would have been another £100!!!

I got the A5 coupe covered for £396, so the S3 is still a cheap super fast car to insure!!! When I questioned why the S3 was a much faster car yet cheaper to insure, his reply was "It's not all about power, it also takes into account cost of replacement parts for minor accidents such as broken headlights etc.", I looked and had a shock at the price of the A5 headlight....way over £1,000 :blink: think the S3 I had was about £300 for one!

Reactions: Martinbanshee
Michelin PS4s all round and man what a tyre! I wanted to put them on my S4 but couldn't find many reviews at that time so I went ahead with PS3s. For the A3 I had to try PS4s with the view that if I like them I will replace my PS3s on the S4 when the time comes, hopefully end of the year.

I have only driven a few miles since the change and tbh it's a night and day difference in the ride / road grip compared to sh*t* Continentals that I had before.

And ... washed again with CarPro Essence followed by CarPro Hydro2 and the depth it gives is mind blowing... I don't think pictures do any justice.

c78a939c68b679339bc8aa8e7107616a.jpg

71cefec3a9a1df563dbd64f6629ad0df.jpg

6ac97b25e765dcf1c124a83527649b33.jpg

4f2ef2aed42c00410a371617a5b5e59d.jpg

Oh, and the car has previously been detailed with Scholl S20 Black Concept and a coat of Soft99Fusso Dark.

Very nice, excellent depth of colour

Reactions: V6_Man
I read an article yesterday that claimed the average price of car insurance has dropped by £70 in the last few months. That never happens to me!

I read an article yesterday that claimed the average price of car insurance has dropped by £70 in the last few months. That never happens to me!

I was shocked that my renewal dropped £100 this year with elephant, then reduced it by another £200 with esure, I was paying £1k last year though after getting 3 points.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I was shocked that my renewal dropped £100 this year with elephant, then reduced it by another £200 with esure, I was paying £1k last year though after getting 3 points.
Depends on your age, I bet you are a lot younger than a lot on here that don't see it drop!

Depends on your age, I bet you are a lot younger than a lot on here that don't see it drop!
I’m 35, I think this would have been the 1st time I met esures qualifying criteria. With all the reported thefts I was bracing myself for another increase.

The very last thing l would fit on my car mate coz if it's stolen l wouldn't want it retrieved
Same, but as I travel a lot it will allow me to keep an eye on what’s going on while away. I also wanted to test one after installing a customer supplied unit.

Reactions: T-800 and Jassyo06
I’m 35, I think this would have been the 1st time I met esures qualifying criteria. With all the reported thefts I was bracing myself for another increase.
That does surprise me, I thought you would say 20's! Unfortunately the next criteria I meet with regards to car insurance is in 3 years THIS ONE :p

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TYb
@DJAlix: Thank you sir.

@jassyo06: You made me curious, why wouldn't you want it back? :blink:
Same here, if mine went missing I wouldn't want it back knowing some scum bag has used and abused it! It would be like keeping your girlfriend/wife knowing that she'd been sleeping with another man behind your back :p I'd rather cash in the GAP and get a new car.....

That's why you have life insurance on the wife!!! If she ever strays, you get her killed and claim the insurance and get a younger model :D:p;)

Reactions: oli356, V6_Man, Tom.H and 3 others