No power

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
car has been stood for ages as many of you know so hooked battery up to a charger so I can test mfsw wiring left charging till it said full connected to car nothing! I mean completely dead no dash lights no clicking nothing Connected jump leads to battery nothing! The battery is 2-3 years old any fuses or anything that could have gone to stop working

Fuses to check would be the ones usually on top of the battery holder. These are quite easy to check as they are thin bands of metal... if one of those was ****** you’d see it straight away. The battery your using, you stated it was 2-3 years old. If it’s not had any charge over that period is might have dropped a cell or two. Which would make it useless. I’ve seen this happen on a battery less than 6 months old without a charge once it’s be depleted.

Those would be my first point of call, if that checks out alright.... then maybe some of the secondary fuses are worth checking. But something would work and others wouldn’t if that was the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it turns out the battery completely flat even though charger says full connected up the old battery which had enough juice to light up the dash but not turn over so have left that charging for now at least now I know it’s just the battery

Yeah that's right. Happy New year x hic

Reactions: hydro s3 and Tj 0785