NO POWER !!!

nu boy

Reaction score
HI Guys my baby jus let me down again. I have an audi A3 1.8T and was coming home, stop at the lights, the lights turn green, taking off and the car stalls quickly starts up but started getting massive vibration and no power, any time i put my foot down its just vibrate and no power. can anyone lead me in right direction as to was the problem is i was thinking exhaust but not sure as anyone ever had this problem?

Sounds like a coilpack failure or possibly the MAF (does the car run the same with it unplugged?), the first stop is to get the fault codes read.

sounds very like the same problem i had when a coilpack went. forgive me if im wrong only had my s3 5 weeks so im a noob :)

Is the engine management light comming on, I think it should come on if a coilpack is faulty...

yes the engine management light will come on if you have a faulty coilpack. It basically is a yellow square. Best thing to do is buy one coilpack, start by changing one coil pack, take it for a run. If the problem continues, try the next coilpack with the new one. Hopefully you will sort it by this process.