2.0TFSI Quattro Auto?

ChrisFurlong

Avantageous
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question. Did Audi ever make a 2.0TFSI Quattro with the Auto DSG gearbox on the slightly older 8P2 models? I know you can get a brand new A3 with those options, but I would be looking for a slightly older one if possible.

I have found 3.2 Quattro DSGs, and 2.0TFSI Quattro Manuals, and 2.0TFSI DSG FWDs, but none with all of it.

Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Not as far as I can tell! I do recall the DSG FWD was the same price as the M6 Quattro when we bought our last TFSi in March 2005.

You could have it as an option on the 2.0T, but not with Quattro 8P2 cars. It became standard on the 8P3 from MY2009 on the quattro 2.0T cars and optional on the non Quattro 2.0T....

Not sure about that Scott.. you could still buy an M6 Quattro in MY2009.

Nah dsg/stronic was only on the 3.2's before the MY09/10 releases, same was for the mk5's which had dsg on the r32 but not 4wd dsg on anyother version iirc as I wanted a dsg 4wd derv on the 8P or MK5, but alas.

I would have switched to a derv 170 quattro dsg if it was an option years ago.
Seems odd to me that the two things that set an Audi apart for me are the DSG and 4WD and yet.......bla bla bla .

Thanks for clearing that up me guys. Now how am I going to decide between a FWD DSG car or a Manual Quattro one?!

Go for the 3.2 or the S3 and you dont have to deciede :)

I would have switched to a derv 170 quattro dsg if it was an option years ago.
Seems odd to me that the two things that set an Audi apart for me are the DSG and 4WD and yet.......bla bla bla .

Here here, would of sold like hot cakes imho

Thanks for clearing that up me guys. Now how am I going to decide between a FWD DSG car or a Manual Quattro one?!

test drive, test drive, test drive. when i was buying recently i was trying to decide the same thing. i felt that the DSG box was far more important for my commute etc.

Go for the 3.2 or the S3 and you dont have to deciede :)

or that lol...

On a similar, but slightly different, theme...

Anyone know why Audi don't offer quattro on any of the current A3 diesels ( not sure if they ever did in the past ) ? Is there a mechanical reason, or just some weird decision that they've made ?

they did in the past. you could get either 2.0TDI with quattro. i swear you could get a 2.0TDI 170 with quattro in 8P3 form

I was wondering the same thing earlier, why they never offered a diesel quattro DSG (or even the golf gt tdi 4motion as a DSG), the A4,A5 & A6 had this option but never the A3. To be honest they seem to be slipping with the S3 no longer having bucket seats as an option and iirc no Diesel quattro atall anymore.