2.0tfsi Quattro build

Wayne C

Reaction score
Been on this site for a few months now, always looking for info on here but this is my 1st post.
This is my second a3, my previous one got wrote off by someone who had only been on the road for 3 weeks while it was parked outside my house. On the positve side of this, I now have Quattro as my 1st one wasn't.
I brought my current one around 6 months ago, within 2 to 3 weeks of having the car it had an s3 intercooler fitted with an rs style grill fitted, a week later i fitted a pipercross venom induction kit, I had a k and n typhoon on my previous, good bit of kit but sounded like I had darth Vader in my glove box so decided I wanted something different. Couple days later I was off to more-bhp in Crewe to Have stage 1 remap.
When I waiting for the remap they came to me to say my dv was shot but the were very helpful and went to pick one up for me and fitted it so they could carry on with the map. They came to me when it was done and it made 230bhp but they struggled to get the car up to temp because the thermostat was also shot, before the map it was only pushing 170bhp. Big difference!! And soon as I left I went to sort out the thermostat, once that was done it made a big difference once again.
Next on the list was to sort the ride height out, I had v maxx coilovers fitted and dropped them all the way down, I had to have new droplinks fitted as they started to knock, the car now handles like a go kart.
Next was a 3" decat downpipe and a custom made 2.5" powerflow cat back.
Now it was time to go back to more-bhp for stage 2 and the difference between stage 1 and 2 is like day and night, pulls like a train in every gear. It made 263.5bhp. That is where I'm up to at the minute.
Next on the list will be...
Uprated brakes
Clutch
Refurb wheels in dark grey or get different wheels altogether (any recommendations?)
Hpfp
K04 stage 3
This is how the car looks at the minute
IMG 1678
IMG 1679
IMG 1682
IMG 1683
IMG 1620

Reactions: HHS3
Bet your pleased with all that. The transmission & 4wd does sap a lot of power, I see 73bhp has gone AWOL, is that normal on our cars?

Bet your pleased with all that. The transmission & 4wd does sap a lot of power, I see 73bhp has gone AWOL, is that normal on our cars?
Ye I'm really happy with it at the minute, but I guess it won't be long till I'm used to it and wanting more power lol. TBH mate I dont understand what the lost power is about, so I couldn't tell you if that's normal or not? Hopefully someone could clear this up for us?

All the transmission components between the clutch and the wheels do sap power due to friction, this is normal. Usually on a 2 wheel rear drive car the loss is about 15 per cent. As you have found out 4wd loss is about 22 per cent, surprised me.

Ya learn something new everyday, after the map I only looked at the bhp and torque figures, didn't notice the loss till I got home and had a proper look at it

Update on Exhaust sound. 3" decat downpipe and 2.5" custom powerflow cat back