clutch upgrade

you wont go wrong with the spec
also southbend

what power are you running

hey all

I'm after a bit of help picking the right clutch for my s3 apy which is running a hybrid with other mods
i want to run a smf which ive ordered from ttv,I've saw this clutch SPEC Performance Clutch Kit Stage 3+ - UltraRev.com - Part# SA873F-3
all help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Thanks

Tony

Fairly sure thats the same clutch Bill is planning to run in his 600bhp Ibiza race car.... very good clutch but way overkill for the road and anything less then 450bhp tbh... my paddle clutch setup is pretty useful and liveable on a road car though... LuK DMF, LuK cover plate and Sachs paddle friction plate.... posted info about this in my build thread and other clutch threads (there are a few)

<tuffty/>

you wont go wrong with the spec
also southbend

what power are you running

i'm only going to go for 350bhp at the max mate but i want to get the right clutch because don't fancy changing it agen lol

Fairly sure thats the same clutch Bill is planning to run in his 600bhp Ibiza race car.... very good clutch but way overkill for the road and anything less then 450bhp tbh... my paddle clutch setup is pretty useful and liveable on a road car though... LuK DMF, LuK cover plate and Sachs paddle friction plate.... posted info about this in my build thread and other clutch threads (there are a few)

<tuffty/>

tuffty you know the set up your running would it be ok to run a smf in steed of dmf mate
the flywheel is from ttv

Thanks

Tony

tuffty you know the set up your running would it be ok to run a smf in steed of dmf mate
the flywheel is from ttv

Thanks

Tony

I would imagine so if the SMF is designed to run a std clutch and not any specific one... couldn't say for sure though as there seems to be a lot of variance in SMF flywheels... you would need the sprung friction plate rather the solid friction plate I have though other wise the take up is going to be pretty on/off and juddery... I would imagine the take up would worse on a SMF than the DMF but can't say for sure...

<tuffty/>

i run a lwfw smf with a southbend stage 3
very smooth changes no juddering etc

I would imagine so if the SMF is designed to run a std clutch and not any specific one... couldn't say for sure though as there seems to be a lot of variance in SMF flywheels... you would need the sprung friction plate rather the solid friction plate I have though other wise the take up is going to be pretty on/off and juddery... I would imagine the take up would worse on a SMF than the DMF but can't say for sure...

<tuffty/>

i think i'm going to go for the spec performance clutch stage 3+ with spec lwfw

thanks for your help tho