Whats that smell ???????

19scotty81

Push down and across !!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Sat in the queue at the drive thru when all of a sudden the car jumps forward as if my foot had come off the clutch, this is followed by a strong smell of burning clutch (yummy), was fully expecting the car not to work properly but other than the smell everythings fine, did some small tests like pulling away in fourth(car stalled as is supposed to happen) and flooring it in all the gears and there's no slip at all pedal is right bang in the middle as well. Any ideas anyone or similar experiences ?? Car has 72k on and has had very easy life.

maybe just a weep in the oil sell or some thing mate so just droped a bit on the cluch plate burned it off and all is ok just a thought though

if it was mcdonalds it will just been one of them there dog burgers! or maybe one of the teenage staffs spots may have popped on the grill thus the burning oil/clutch smell! lol

Are the slave cylinders common on these? How long had your foot been on the clutch?
You could have a fine leak that allowed the clutch to re-engage whilst your foot was down. Check your fluid level.

Bad habit to hold your foot on the clutch whilst stationary ! Put-it in neutral and pull the handbrake, that's what it's there for !

You sound like me haha bad habit I always tell the missis to take her foot off the clutch haha (passed down from the old man) hahaha

Cars do have little hick ups every now and then if its driving ok then don't worry bout it mate it's not slipping and doesn't smell anymore just keep it in mind mate (everything wears out in the end)

Mate honestly I wouldn't worry about it.
It sounds like it's burnt a bit of meat off the clutch as most on here said it may have a tiny leak in pressure on the slave cylinder keep driving till it stops working it will be a box out job (if I'm not mistaken) and you might as well put a clutch in it at the same time

Hope this helps mate

Isn't the slave cylinder on top of the box on B6's?