Help please mot problems

8YA335TDI1STED

Reaction score
hi all can anyone help im in urgent need of an original audi front spring as my car failed its mot and seems they are only available to buy as a set of 4 or can anyone tell me where i could buy 1 or 2 front springs must be oem and not lower the car anyone got some unused laying around pm cheers :sos: ps its a 2001 s3

Last edited:
I will have some but they wont be available till after the 14th... Dont know whether that is any good for you mate but if it is you could have the 2 fronts for nothing just pay the postage, as 1 of my back ones is snapped anyway and im getting coilovers fitted

thanx Dave thats the kinda asn spirit i like to see , cecilthesausage thanx very much for your kind and generous nature my friend but i need one sooner or i will have to pay another test fee think ive got 7days to get it fixed and back to the mot station if i dont get sorted b4 then ill gladly take them off your hands thanx again lads top marks

You must change both springs on the same axle at the same time or it will upset your geometry and could be quite dangerous, give Euro car parts a call they may sell them in pairs or singularly, failing that, google car springs and see what comes up.

In fact I thought you could buy them single !

GSF & audi quoted me a price for single unit - it was up to me whether I wanted to buy 2- Although I am talking about the rear springs.

where did you get your information from about them coming in a set of 4 ? Unless it wass the crafty garage told you that !

Last edited:
I have just taken a set of a 2001 s3. Not sure how much they are worth. More than happy for you to collect located in guildford surrey or can courier for about £10 . Give us a bell if they're any good dan 07722636746

heres my findings , gsf only sell srings for the 1.8t their instruction is not for sport model S3 cost circa 45 notes inc vat , eurocarparts = same , tps = same Audi want £90 a spring ic vat and delivery , Ill be fitting 2 new springs from Audi at the start of nxt month wen the pay day comes untill then i just need a spring to get through mot , Cecil ive had word with my mot station and they help by offering an extention on the re test so be glad to take that spring off u hands to help a fellow out top marks m8 much kudos karma