Quattro problems please help

Grazam

Reaction score
Heres the story just on my way to a wedding anniversary 160 miles away getting comfy for a long journey and then it happens before ive even reached the other side of my town bout 2 miles the ign coils start to play up so I pull over really bad at this point of idle thought i best check this out not know it was the coils yet, had a look around engine shaking wildly think to myself this is going to be costly :(. Decide to call out AA as i get cover through my bank no point paying for it if i dont use it,

matey turns up has a listen and says its probably one of your Ign coils, ill give em a check, turn the car over and take each one out and put it back in still no better,

so he checks the plugs apart from being old and worn they are fine,

compression test worked out at cylinders 1 and 4 at 150 psi, 2 at 140 psi and 3 at 120 psi which shouldn't be too much of an issue maybe something to look into but not bad, so at this point put it all back still no good im at a loose end anyone think they might be able to diagnose or had similar incident.

is it worth getting new ign coils and plugs, i want to eventually take the car up to around the 230-260 bhp mark after I got some money.

Last edited:
I have been looking at ign coils online and I knoticed in the pics that the coils are all black whereas on mine they have red heads is there any difference in the two or does it have to be specific.

Will have a proper look at the car tonight